My wife and I have stayed here twice, once for concert at The National, and once during the 2013 Virginia Wine Expo. The location is perfect and convenient to downtown Richmond, but we've had trouble sleeping and we've had horrible room service. Here's a quick rundown of our issues.
- light coming through door & curtain
- loud A/C and showers in other rooms
- employee was loud in hall picking up breakfast orders, woke us up at 3:00 AM
- moved breakfast delivery, no confirmation until after I called back 15 minutes later, then breakfast was delivered early at wrong time
- scrambled eggs were dry, overcooked, and worse than McDonald's
- eggs Benedict was undercooked,
flavorless, and soggy
- bagel was low quality and barely toasted
- wrong type of muffin was delivered
- and last, the bacon was tough, rubbery, and tasteless. How can you mess up bacon!?
- no bottled water in the room and no vending machines in the hotel
- "at your service" button called a random phone number
We made several attempts to contact the general manager but we were ignored. I would only recommend this hotel for its convenience to the convention center and downtown Richmond.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown, the newly renovated Richmond Marriott offers a blend of luxury and Southern charm. Guests entering this award-winning hotel in downtown Richmond will enjoy prime location within steps of the Richmond Coliseum, the State Capitol Building, and CenterStage Theater, while being connected to the Greater Richmond Convention Center via skywalk. Guests will be greeted with a warm welcome to a stylish lobby that is highlighted by modern decor, a Starbucks Coffee Shop, and a concierge desk. The well-appointed guest rooms and suites offer stunning city views, Marriott's signature Revive(R) bedding, and flat-screen TVs with premium cable. The onsite T-Miller's Sports Bar & Grill provides a delicious menu of American favorites combined with craft beer and signature cocktails. Guests looking to head out for the evening can start off the night at the lobby's Liberty Bar, and take the complimentary shuttle to a number of diverse dining and entertainment venues. With over 26,000 sq. Ft. Of newly-renovated event space, this hotel also provides an excellent destination for hosting business meetings, corporate conferences, and wedding receptions in Richmond. Whether you are staying for business or taking a weekend getaway, the Marriott hotel is the perfect choice for your next trip to Richmond, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Richmond Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Richmond Marriott Hotel Richmond
- Marriott Richmond