“Good hotel next to the convention center”
Review of Richmond Marriott

Richmond Marriott
Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
“Good hotel next to the convention center”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed here during the Wine Expo weekend. We arrived a little early on Saturday and the front desk went out of their way to find us a room that was ready. We checked in, left the luggage, and went across the street to the expo. Afterward, we came back to the hotel and ate in the restaurant on site and again, the staff went out of their way to get us a table quickly on a very busy night.

The hotel seems to be a little older, but is well cared for. The location is a big plus next to the convention center and easy to find off of the Interstate. The room was a little small by today's standards but was well appointed with a comfortable bed, flat screen TV, and nice desk area. Had breakfast in the Starbucks in the lobby the next morning and were on our way. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DavenBethinMD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Everyone was so nice to us. We had a great ladies weekend this weekend. We wanted to spend time together at night and we were given a room. We ordered pizza, brought games and wine, and had a great time . The staff couldnt have been kinder! The brunch on Sunday was delicious with fresh fruit and great made to order omelets.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone~

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Cathy P, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you foe taking the time to fill out a tripadvisor! We are so glad you enjoyed your girls night as we all know sometimes they are desperately needed. We had a great time being the host hotel to the Wine Expo and hope we see you again next year.
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I was here for a conference geared to educators. The price of parking is ridiculous and they hover until you tip. There is no free wifi service, and for what you pay per room plus parking that is the least they could do. The service staff for the meals were rude and sloppy. They did not allow enough space between diners even though almost an entire third of the room was left vacant. The conference part was great, the hotel was clean, but I would think twice before attending an event here again.

Green Features: Who cares? I am away from home, I'll use a new towel everyday please!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Cathy P, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I had GREAT service from the front desk staff. I arrived in the hoteal about 11:45p and had told Sheena at the front desk that I it was not a great travel day and my 1.5 hour layover was reduced to 20 minutes in Atlanta and was not able to grab any dinner. Sheena suggested the bar for a quick snack. The bar had closed the kitchen and I went back to ask Sheena about other options. The only option was to order in. I had said that it was too late and was tired. She said she would see about getting me a snadwich or something adn gave me a extra bottle of water. Right after I got to the room she called and asked said she was sending me up a turkey sandwich. About 10 minutes later, I had a sandwich, salad and a dessert delivered to room. The next day the bill did not have any charges for the meal.

Sheena went above and beyond to help a weary traveler on a bad travel day.

MAJOR KUDOS TO SHEENA and the staff at the Richmond Marriott

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Cathy P, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us. We are always happy to hear such great feedback on our team especially Sheena. I am glad she was able to take care of you after your long travels to Richmond and provide the kind of service we are proud of! We have shared your comments with our team and will continue to share the excellent feedback. We hope to see you soon and provide the same great service!
Ruther Glen, Virginia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed one weekend night. Location is really good as it is near the National Theater. Service was good, room was good and clean. Check in was very quick. My only complaint is about the restaurant - I did a separate review of T-Millers restaurant specifically but what I refer to here is very limited in-hotel restaurant choice since the only restaurant is a sport bar and grill.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Cathy P, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on your experience. I am glad you enjoyed the location, room size and the speediness of the check in process. I also noted your review on the restauarant and apologize for the limited menu. We are constantly looking for feedback to better enhance the experience of our guests and will use this opportunity to take another look at the menu.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed here for a business trip. It has nice amenities and is in the heart of downtown Richmond. I was able to walk to most of the sites I wanted to see. Richmond is always on my short list of places to visit. There's so much to see and the history is everywhere.

Watch out for the Internet charges. You get charged for usage and there is a price per page to print over 20 pages.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kevins80
Lake Tahoe (California), California
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel and facilities are nice, perfect for a quick business trip or convention. The hotel is tailored for the busy business traveller looking for a nice place to relax.

Unfortunately, the hotel seems to be in a rather unsavoury part of town. Drunks and homeless people abound. Keep you cars parked in guarded ramps or under bright lights if its parked in an unsecured location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael T
Cathy P, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your most recent stay at the Downtown Richmond Marriott! I am glad you enjoyed our facilities and recent renovations at our property. Additionally, we take the safety of our guests and associates with the utmost importance. We have security on property at all times and we conduct walk through each hour.

We look forward to your future stay should your travels brings you back to Richmond.