“Wonderful Overnight Getaway”
Review of Richmond Marriott

Richmond Marriott
Ranked #19 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one (1) night with my sweetie for a mini-meetup. Since we live 4.5 hours apart. We wanted to go somewhere close to home, since we just returned from our vacation out of the country.

We chose this hotel based on the location and reviews. Wonderful!! this hotel from the Valet parking to the Front desk staff.. The hotel was quite busy with a Indian wedding and Lacrosse teams. The evening we arrived it was packed with people watching the Soccer tournament, and socializing in the restaurant.

Hotel room and common areas appeared to be clean. The onsite restaurant offered inside and outside dining options. We ate there for breakfast.

Our room was small but nice for one night. The bathroom was built for one person. We had to take turns using the sink and counter.

We walked to have dinner at La Grotta. Which was very nice, we explored the historical displays and took a few photos. We happened upon a nice event going on in one of the State buildings, they had a live band and vendors on the observation deck. We went up and enjoyed the music and patronized the vendors a bit. It was a beautiful view of the city.

We will definitely stay at this location again.

PS: My man left his new watch case and new watch at the valet when leaving.. he realized it 1.5 hours later and called, and it was till there..:) He has it in hand!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stay at Marriott hotels often, and this site was sub-par. When I arrived, they couldn't find my reservation and had to rebook me in a downgraded room and still charged me the same price. The following morning during check-out they made me come back to the desk to ask for my card again to re-swipe, then I asked for an electronic copy of my receipt, as a physical copy was never given to me. I gave them my email and it never came. Called back at a later date and was told they can't help me and their system was down so I would have to call back again later. Never offered to call me back or take any of my information down to check on my issue. It may not seem like a lot, but I usually receive exceptional service from Marriott, so this was a surprise.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Frequenttraveler707
Cathy P, Front Office Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to fill out a survey. I can certainly understand the frustration with the service you received and apologize for the confusion. I will use this as a coaching opportunity for my team to ensure we can better assist our guests. I hope you join us in the future so we can show you the excellent experience I know we can.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at this Marriott with my daughter's volleyball team (along with what must have been floors upon floors of other volleyball teams). My experience was so phenomenal I felt I needed to share my feedback with others!

The customer service was extraordinary! From the valets, to the bellhops, to the front desk staff, to the staff of T Millers (the restaurant) - - every one I encountered was polite, friendly, and truly helpful!

My room was quite comfortable, and had everything I needed.

And to top it all off, the food at T Millers (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) was SO delicious (and I am quite a picky eater!) I ate all but one meal there (Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast and lunch, Sunday all three, and Monday breakfast and lunch) - that is how amazing it was!

I HIGHLY recommend the Richmond Marriott!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our second visit here. Hotel is just very pleasant. Staff is friendly, coffee shop & restaurant on premise. Room is very clean & quiet. Beds extremely soft as well as pillows. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. I do wish they had a fridge & microwave.
This hotel is attached to the Richmond convention center and is a must stay for business.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed for one night since we were in town to see "Wicked" at the nearby Altria Theater.

Mobile check-in was a breeze -- our rooms were ready when we checked in, and it was nice to bypass the line!

They were out of refrigerators when we arrived, but they did offer to bring us a styrofoam cooler filled with ice until one became available.

The room was a good size and we didn't have any complaints. The only downside is that our room faced Broad Street, so I could hear street noise in the wee hours of the morning. We were on the 9th floor, so maybe you need to be higher up to avoid the noise.

The hotel was packed with guests in town for a wedding, a NASCAR event , a basketball tournament, and a dance competition. There was a wait for elevators, and I went to down to the lower conference room level to sneak a spot onto the crowded elevators.

Room Tip: You might hear street noice in a room facing Broad Street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here on a Wednesday evening. This Marriott is downtown, next to the Richmond Convention Center. Check-in was a snap. From valet parking the car, checking in, and getting to my room, the staff here is really courteous! The 2nd floor hosts a gym that is more than adequate, an indoor pool with plenty of seating, and an outside deck.

The Concierge Lounge was busy! In the evening, Crystal was happy to chat and fix me a container of peanuts to take to my room. She has been at Marriott for 13 years - her customer service shows. Mary I met in the morning at the lounge - she was quite friendly and very busy. I understand about 70% of the folks that stay at this Marriott are Gold and Platinum Elite. This makes the concierge lounge essentially a restaurant. I stay at a few Marriott's like this and I like the way they handle this problem. They allow these guests to have their breakfast at the restaurant for free. It frees up the Concierge to take care of other tasks in the morning other than being a server, it allows the servers downstairs to make better tips, and the restaurant can handle the rush of people in the morning much better than the lounge.

I really like this Marriott - Their staff is HAPPY! And it shows...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I would give 5 stars except for parking- if you park your own car, the garage doesn't take AMEX. You can charge to the hotel or prepay, but I didn't know that before and it Caused a problem for us.

Room was nice and staff was very helpful. I had a broken hair dryer and they replaced in less than 5 minutes.

Fitness center was also great and the Starbucks in the hotel was very convenient.

Will stay here again when traveling to Richmond

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business