Richmond Marriott
The Renaissance(Richmond)
  • Bar/Lounge
Quirk Hotel(Richmond)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe concierge loungeconvention centervalet parkingfront desk staffhotel restaurantgreat customer servicedowntown areaup to datehotel staffnice staybed was comfortablevalet servicechecking inindoor poolstarbucksdawnlobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014

So excited to stay at a full service Marriott...wow was I disappointed...smelly, wallpaper peeling in my room, very old carpet...very disappointed.
When I shared my concerns with front desk they said I could fill out a comment card and put it in the box...ok..here you go.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Cathy P, Front Office Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay. I can certainly empathize with your disappointment about the excitement before checking in. Your feedback is important to us and we are constatnly looking for ways to improve our guests stay. I will forward this information on.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Wonderful staff. We stayed there for a middle school convention. Staff was very patient. My daughter locked our keys in our room twice. Both times they happily let us back in. Everyone was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Typical downtown hotel. Very busy with convention business. Super, super friendly and helpful staff! Rooms are what I would consider average Marriott. Lots of electrical outlets which is nice. Room was clean and maid service very good. Good food choices with onsite restaurant and Starbucks. Offsite parking options are somewhat expensive. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Even with a full house due to convention, elevator waits were not bad at all, so any floor would be fine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one (1) night with my sweetie for a mini-meetup. Since we live 4.5 hours apart. We wanted to go somewhere close to home, since we just returned from our vacation out of the country.

We chose this hotel based on the location and reviews. Wonderful!! this hotel from the Valet parking to the Front desk staff.. The hotel was quite busy with a Indian wedding and Lacrosse teams. The evening we arrived it was packed with people watching the Soccer tournament, and socializing in the restaurant.

Hotel room and common areas appeared to be clean. The onsite restaurant offered inside and outside dining options. We ate there for breakfast.

Our room was small but nice for one night. The bathroom was built for one person. We had to take turns using the sink and counter.

We walked to have dinner at La Grotta. Which was very nice, we explored the historical displays and took a few photos. We happened upon a nice event going on in one of the State buildings, they had a live band and vendors on the observation deck. We went up and enjoyed the music and patronized the vendors a bit. It was a beautiful view of the city.

We will definitely stay at this location again.

PS: My man left his new watch case and new watch at the valet when leaving.. he realized it 1.5 hours later and called, and it was till there..:) He has it in hand!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stay at Marriott hotels often, and this site was sub-par. When I arrived, they couldn't find my reservation and had to rebook me in a downgraded room and still charged me the same price. The following morning during check-out they made me come back to the desk to ask for my card again to re-swipe, then I asked for an electronic copy of my receipt, as a physical copy was never given to me. I gave them my email and it never came. Called back at a later date and was told they can't help me and their system was down so I would have to call back again later. Never offered to call me back or take any of my information down to check on my issue. It may not seem like a lot, but I usually receive exceptional service from Marriott, so this was a surprise.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Frequenttraveler707
Cathy P, Front Office Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to fill out a survey. I can certainly understand the frustration with the service you received and apologize for the confusion. I will use this as a coaching opportunity for my team to ensure we can better assist our guests. I hope you join us in the future so we can show you the excellent experience I know we can.