Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North
Ranked #56 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Roanoke, Virginia
“Extended Stay Richmond”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

a one night stay I wished had been more. We had a smoking room with our pet with us. The front desk service was very accurate and polite , the room was amazing. It was like being home. I recommend a stay here to everyone !!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Greene, Maine
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I am a travel nurse and have stayed in many extended stay hotels and by far this is the best one I have stayed in. Very clean, staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Had problems with the air conditioner and they immediately came and replaced it with a new one. Hotel is close to downtown Richmond. Hotel has pool that is very well kept. My favorite thing is how wonderfully they treated my dog Lucky. Always had a kind word and a pat on the head for her...oh and let's not forget the treats that she absolutely loved. If I came back to the area, I would definitely choose this hotel again. Stayed here for 14 weeks.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 1st floor and had no issues.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelRN2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
The team and I appreciate your positive review. It was such a pleasure to get to know you, your family, and Lucky. Please let us know when you are back in the Richmond area because we would love to have you back!
Eden, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We have stayed in three Extended Stay Inns in three different cities in the last month. I am amazed at how each one has gone out of their way to help us with different issues. This particular time, I inadvertently made our reservation for the wrong day. The clerk very efficiently made the necessary changes and found a suitable room for us within minutes. The facility was very clean and quiet. It was comfortable and well-located.

There are two Extended Stay facilities next door to each other at this location. This particular one has a small pool, an exercise room, and a pull-out sofa bed in every room. Be sure to check the street number if you specifically want to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Kay - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your reservation was created for the wrong day; however, I am so proud of our team for accommodating your stay in an efficient and friendly manner. As well, I am glad that you found your room to be clean, quiet and comfortable.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 5 July 2013

when I got to our room and found that the a/c was not working, the desk clerk came up immediately and checked it out and moved us to another room. I was very pleased with how quickly she responded.
The next morning we needed directions and the front desk clerk not only printed them out for us, but made sure we were getting the best route.
We will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Debbie - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our entire staff. I am sorry that your air conditioner did not work when you checked in; however, I am so glad that we were able to rectify the situation in a timely manner.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

After a 7 day stay at the 3 star dump down the street, we spent the last 2 nights here. Clean 4 1/2 foot pool with wheel chair lift available, nice sized rooms, great grab and go breakfast, laundry, full kitchen, and friendly staff! Great price through price line. Will bring my family back for our next visit to Richmond.

• Stayed June 2013
Virginia
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We have frequently stayed in the Richmond area for the past 4 years due to a class my husband is taking. The hotels we usually stay at were full for this particular weekend. I looked on TA and found decent reviews for this one, so we decided to give it a shot.

The woman at the front desk was very courteous and apologetic that our room wasn't yet ready for check-in (at 6pm). I sent my husband on to class, and I sat in the waiting area with our luggage until the room was ready. I was really tired, I guess, because I fell asleep in the chair, waiting. I think it was about 25 minutes. I guess the lady felt sorry for me, because she gave us 50% off our room rate.

I went upstairs to our room on the second floor, and the first thing I noticed was this was definitely a no-frills kind of place. They didn't supply things like shampoo and conditioner. That's not a big deal because I bring my own, but it seemed odd not to find them in the room. Also no paper or plastic cups. (there were glass ones in the kitchenette)

I lay down on the bed and first thing I noticed was that mattress needs replacing. It was hard and saggy in the middle. I rolled toward the middle, and I'm not a very big person either, at 120 pounds. It was also a small bed, just full-size, I think. I should probably have asked for another room at this point, but I didn't because I was just so tired. I dozed on and off for about two hours. I didn't fall to sleep because whoever had the room directly above us kept pacing in their room. I mean they never stopped. They walked back and forth for 2 hours. When my husband came back from class, I told him, "Listen to that. Don't they ever sit down?" However, I figured surely they would go to bed at some point.

Guess what. That person NEVER went to bed. I listened to them pace all night. Then I guess they got thirsty. They didn't just fill a glass of water and drink it, either. There was a burst of water from their tap for maybe a second, then THUNK, as they shut it off. Then a couple seconds later, another burst of water and THUNK. This went on and on and on and on and on. It was like something from a bad comedy routine. Luckily for my husband, he sleeps like a rock. So he was oblivious to everything.

Finally, I could not stand it anymore. I went down to the front desk in the middle of the night - God knows what time - maybe 3 AM? There was no one there, so I went up to the third floor to knock on the door of the people above us. I opened up the door to the hallway at the top of the stairwell and was nearly bowled over by the stench of cigarette smoke. Oh my, it was foul. However, that actually knocked some sense into me because who knows what might have transpired if I bothered those people. I went back to my room.

My husband woke up when I came in and I told him I'd probably sleep better in the back seat of the car. So then he suggested turning the fan on and maybe that would drown out the thirsty pacer upstairs. As noisy as the pacer was, I didn't think it would help, but it did.

Now, in terms of cleanliness, I think they do try to make this a nice place. The carpet definitely needs to be replaced and so did the mattress, but everything else I thought was quite clean. I am glad I knew ahead of time that the breakfast wasn't so great, otherwise that would have been a disappointment. I really did feel like the people who work here care about the place and are trying to make it nice. Because I only wound up paying about $60 for the room, I went away not feeling too badly about it. I would not have been a happy camper paying $120 for our experience.

I will not stay here again for several reasons. Thin floors, thin walls. Uncomfortable, small bed. Smoking is allowed. Poor breakfast compared to other hotels. You might wonder why I still rate it as "average". Well, in my lifetime, I've stayed in some dumps. This is far from a dump. If you are a very sound sleeper and not allergic to cigarette smoke and don't care about the breakfast, you might find this place to be fine. Obviously, a lot of other people did, because the reviews prior to March 2013 were generally pretty good. So take my experience for what it's worth.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am encouraged to read your remarks about the cleanliness of the room and friendliness of the staff. However, I am very sorry that the person in the room above you disturbed you throughout the night. As well, that you found the walls to be thin and a smoke odor in the third floor hallway. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are brainstorming ways to prevent issues such as the ones you experienced in the future. As well, the housekeeping staff is currently working to eliminate the smoke odor on the third floor.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at wbs@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future. Thank you.
Roanoke
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My family and I stayed here overnight while attending the Richmond Symphony. Previous guests have commented on the sticky floors and they are right. This property needs a thorough cleaning with products that don't leave a residue. The room itself, beyond the sticky floors, was acceptable. Everything worked. The staff was very nice and friendly, very helpful. Another problem was the presence of smoking on the non-smoking floor, as well as guests standing around the entrances smoking. There should be a smoking area designated and enforced that is away from entrances so that guests don't have to thread through the smokers and dirty ashtray urns at the entrances. The physical location of this property is rather nice, an office park I think, away from traffic and the strip on Broad but a quick entrance to I-64. There is a Bob Evans adjacent, a good family restaurant for a simple dinner/breakfast. Really, just clean it and it is decent.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond
WoodSpring Suites Richmond West
Residence Inn Richmond West End
Quality Inn West End
Quality Inn West End
#42 of 81 in Richmond
Best Western Executive Hotel

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North

Property: Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North
Address: 6807 Paragon Pl, Richmond, VA 23230-1648 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street)
Region: United States > Virginia > Richmond
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #56 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Richmond - i-64 - West Broad Street Hotel Richmond