“Decent location, more potential”

Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
Ranked #11 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Raleigh, NC
“Decent location, more potential”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

This place is in the process of a little renovation so I have to give them credit for that! Walls are thin, easy to hear conversations in the room next door. Staff is extremely accommodating though. I had to move rooms and they brought me my new key to my current room, which was much appreciated. Breakfast is expensive and not worth it. Beds are amazing and it is a safe location.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Bowling Green, Va
Reviewed 29 December 2012

The best hotel experience my spouse and I have ever enjoyed - and at $92! We will be back. Thank you Darnell, Mariam, Poleo, and Washington. This facility speaks volumes about the excellent management that goes into all Starwood properties. Thank you all from making our stay something magical.

Room Tip: Make use of the club level room. Fantastic. The grounds are a joy to see and walk. And the staff, fa...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 26 December 2012

If you need a place to stay for a day or two, this place is perfectly serviceable. It's relatively clean, close to many conveniences and as a woman traveling alone I felt safe.

However, the walls seem very thin- I could hear every move my neighbors made. And one day, my room was not cleaned. When I inquired why, I was told by the front desk that if you still have the "do not disturb" sign on after 10 a.m your room will not be serviced. Sounded quite odd to me. Also, as others have said- the elevators are slow--one seems to be continually out of order.

If I needed a place to stay in this area of richmond and the price was right and I only planned to use my room for sleeping, I would definitely stay here again. However, I would look around for another hotel if I planned to spend more than a day or two in richmond.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Murrieta, California
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We love this hotel! Our son lives in Midlothian and we stay here whenever we visit. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are comfortable. It seems they've been doing some renovating which does nothing but make it better.

Do not hesitate to have breakfast here either! Although it's a buffet (they do have a menu as well) they make omelets to order which are excellent! Nothing can beat the courtesy and efficiency of the staff though.

The only problem was the printer in the lobby has some real issues but quickly resolved by the front desk.

The location is convenient to a lot of restaurants and shopping and near the Powhite Parkway as well. Love this place!

Big thanks to Jamal who checked us in with such efficiency and pleasant manner!

Room Tip: We've never had a bad room!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2012

First, I have to be able to bring my dog, so that ranks this hotel high for me, this hotel has all the amenities that I need and also pet friendly. They don't charge extra to bring your pet, which is great. For me, the room was wonderful, the view was beautiful from my room. The staff friendly and upbeat. I couldn't ask for more. I will be using this hotel again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Room was very nice, staff great from check-in to check-out. Bar is nice and restaurant is good. Menu has some varied items, but must confess to only eating the hot wings (great). No complaints about the buffet breakfast--plenty of choices, all good.

Location is very good if you have business on the south side or nearby business park. This is clearly the best in the area. The bathrooms are probably ready for a total rebuild, but that wouldn't keep me away. Not that near attractions for a travelling family. Would go back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the end of the hallway--nice and bright with more windows than usual.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
dschmoll, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments- it's always great to hear that our guest enjoy themselves during their travels. As General Manager of the hotel, I am proud of the product we represent and our team for exceptional level of service they provide.
Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Dennis Schmoll
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 6 November 2012

The Richmond Sheraton Park South played host to the Toastmasters District 66 Fall Conference on 11/2-11/4. I want to say that it was a job well done. Many of the conference attendees loved the location of the hotel and thought that the food and service was excellent. Indeed it was Rob and Yvonne and their staff handled our banquent set up needs with care and professionalism. Angela and Jacque were also very professional and helpful which allowed for the conference to be a success. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable and service and food were great. The meeting rooms were more than adequate for our needs. Great Job!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business