“Renovation”

Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I stayed here one night for work in the area. It is convenient to shopping and restaurants. When I stayed they were doing renovation-so one elevator was out of service. At one point, both were out of service and guests had to use the service elevator.

Staff at the front were very nice and helpful. Room was clean. Walls are thin, easy to hear through them. When you walk in the front-there is an overwelming smell of chlorine or a musty smell.

I would stay here again if in the area-but not for more than a night or two-there are other places in town.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
dschmoll, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the to post your positive feedback regarding our staff and renovation. I am sorry to hear about level of noise in your guest room, at times we have multiple guest and depending on the location of your room and connecting rooms there may be some noise issues.
Thank you again for your review.

Sincerely
Dennis Schmoll

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Stayed the first time in this hotel for just two nights. Very friendly check-in procedure, meeting all my room requirements communicated during online reservation. Room spacy, clean and well equipped - nothing missing. "Park view" (higher rate), breakfast good and nice bar for the evening. I enjoyed this hotel very much, thank you. Will come back next year same time.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2013

This place is in the process of a little renovation so I have to give them credit for that! Walls are thin, easy to hear conversations in the room next door. Staff is extremely accommodating though. I had to move rooms and they brought me my new key to my current room, which was much appreciated. Breakfast is expensive and not worth it. Beds are amazing and it is a safe location.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2012

The best hotel experience my spouse and I have ever enjoyed - and at $92! We will be back. Thank you Darnell, Mariam, Poleo, and Washington. This facility speaks volumes about the excellent management that goes into all Starwood properties. Thank you all from making our stay something magical.

Room Tip: Make use of the club level room. Fantastic. The grounds are a joy to see and walk. And the staff, fa...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2012

If you need a place to stay for a day or two, this place is perfectly serviceable. It's relatively clean, close to many conveniences and as a woman traveling alone I felt safe.

However, the walls seem very thin- I could hear every move my neighbors made. And one day, my room was not cleaned. When I inquired why, I was told by the front desk that if you still have the "do not disturb" sign on after 10 a.m your room will not be serviced. Sounded quite odd to me. Also, as others have said- the elevators are slow--one seems to be continually out of order.

If I needed a place to stay in this area of richmond and the price was right and I only planned to use my room for sleeping, I would definitely stay here again. However, I would look around for another hotel if I planned to spend more than a day or two in richmond.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We love this hotel! Our son lives in Midlothian and we stay here whenever we visit. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are comfortable. It seems they've been doing some renovating which does nothing but make it better.

Do not hesitate to have breakfast here either! Although it's a buffet (they do have a menu as well) they make omelets to order which are excellent! Nothing can beat the courtesy and efficiency of the staff though.

The only problem was the printer in the lobby has some real issues but quickly resolved by the front desk.

The location is convenient to a lot of restaurants and shopping and near the Powhite Parkway as well. Love this place!

Big thanks to Jamal who checked us in with such efficiency and pleasant manner!

Room Tip: We've never had a bad room!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2012

First, I have to be able to bring my dog, so that ranks this hotel high for me, this hotel has all the amenities that I need and also pet friendly. They don't charge extra to bring your pet, which is great. For me, the room was wonderful, the view was beautiful from my room. The staff friendly and upbeat. I couldn't ask for more. I will be using this hotel again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo