“It's about normal”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Woodbridge, Virginia
“It's about normal”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed here for a business night, as other hotels in the area were booked. The hotel has many different rates so watch out. The upgrade to the conceriege level is not worth the extra money and the VIEW extra charge not a big deal. The conceriege level is a large room with the basic amenites at night. I was hoping for a glass of wine (40.00 extra) for this room on the floor but was disappointed with a choice of water or soda. Do not have a room next to the conceriege room as at 4:50am, the dishes and glasses start ratteling. The staff is very young at the desk and in the bar. So be paitient. If your there for several nights, get the 5.00 voucher for breakfast is recommended as the restaurant is pricey. Drinks in the bar are expensive so be ready.

Room Tip: Basic King room at the regular rate is just fine, upgrades are not worth it.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 March 2013

nothing special, not bad but not great. That said I thought the front desk staff was very nice anc accomodating. room was clean, bed comfortable, etc. I would stay here again if I got a good deal on a room. I booked through an agency and thought the price was a bit high for what I got.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Chappaqua, New York
Reviewed 12 March 2013

So, you would think that a Sheraton could only be so bad, right? Guess again. This place has finally devolved into a complete and utter dump that has achieved a level of mediocrity that I rarely see. I come down here at least once a month for business and have watched the place slowly go downhill. Then...they start a renovation project which is obviously being done by one person who works only part time --and even then when the weather is nice. The renovations don't seem to move and all the renovations have done is make the place more inconvenience. Internet access is spotty (and gets blamed on the renovations), only one elevator works (again, the renovations) and then a fire alarm goes off at 7 in the morning and...guess what....yes, the renovations are to blame. Maybe THIS is the reason why the renovations are taking so long as it appears to be a very convenient excuse for anything that happens.

Truth be told, the only reason I have not given this place a single/one star is that the help is very kind and try real hard. Jo at the front desk is sweet and does all she can to help. Unfortunately, management does not care as much as she does.

Ok, room service is knocking on the door. Problem is that it is Dominoes Pizza as no one in room service picks up. Maybe they are working on the elevator

Room Tip: Best tip is to stay at the Hyatt that is less than 100 yards away,
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gojushiho
Maryland
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed one night at the Sheraton, Richmond South. Knowing that the property was a little "dated" I wasn't expecting much.However, what I did recieve as a Starwood Member was "Service". The hotel is rennovating, which is good. The Lobby was impressive and the front desk were veryfriendly, professional and attentive.

My room was located on Club level, which I recommend. On this level you are given access to the Club Lounge which includes comp beverages, breakfast, internet, tv and comfy couches. The room had complimentary waters waiting for me. Sheraton always has the BEST BEDDING! For a great sleep. The bathroom is still in need of more renovation, as you could see some of the "dated" fixtures.
Check-out waqs a breeze andmy bill was accurate. Overall, a great value.

Room Tip: Choose a Club Level room.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Sheraton...used to be a reputable place to stay. Right? My daughter, my mom and I went to the Sheraton Park West for a few nights. We got in late and crawled into the bed. Then I noticed LOTS of black hair! In the bed! ewwww....called the front desk. They promptly moved us to another room. Went to bed. Got up the next morning and the shower had dirty dishes in it! Yep! LOL That's right! Did not even tell my mom or Emma because they were so freaked out over the hair! It gets worse...Called the hotel customer service number three days later. they said they'd call back in 3-4 days. Nothing. Calledf again 10 days later. I was told the case was closed. A supervisor told me I had choices and could stay elsewhere...because I complained! And we are Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG) because of all the traveling my husband does!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Angie L
dschmoll, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. One of the major purposes of online review is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Thank you for your comments about the room issues that you encountered in your guest room and lack of follow-up. Please feel free to contact me so that I can speak with you regarding this matter.

Dennis Schmoll
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I stayed here one night for work in the area. It is convenient to shopping and restaurants. When I stayed they were doing renovation-so one elevator was out of service. At one point, both were out of service and guests had to use the service elevator.

Staff at the front were very nice and helpful. Room was clean. Walls are thin, easy to hear through them. When you walk in the front-there is an overwelming smell of chlorine or a musty smell.

I would stay here again if in the area-but not for more than a night or two-there are other places in town.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
dschmoll, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the to post your positive feedback regarding our staff and renovation. I am sorry to hear about level of noise in your guest room, at times we have multiple guest and depending on the location of your room and connecting rooms there may be some noise issues.
Thank you again for your review.

Sincerely
Dennis Schmoll
Neuf-Brisach, France
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Stayed the first time in this hotel for just two nights. Very friendly check-in procedure, meeting all my room requirements communicated during online reservation. Room spacy, clean and well equipped - nothing missing. "Park view" (higher rate), breakfast good and nice bar for the evening. I enjoyed this hotel very much, thank you. Will come back next year same time.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business