“Hopeful!”

Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
Ranked #12 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Just booked this hotel from an online site before I looked at the mixed reviews. Just called them to confirm that I need two adjoining rooms with two double beds. Front desk representative seemed very professional. I am hopeful!

Room Tip: Will add more details after my stay
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Deb S
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Richmond

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Very reasonable price. Very nice and clean rooms with great view. I will stay here the next time I return to Richmond. This hotel is only 15 minutes from downtown Richmond. This hotel is located very close to Restaurants and the Outlet Mall

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
dschmoll, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments, it's always great to hear that our guest enjoy themselves during their travels. We are looking forward to your next visit with us should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a very nice place to stay if you have a meeting in the Richmond area. The food in the restaurant is very good. There is a nice bar in the lobby as well. If you don't want to eat in the hotel, there is a restaurant right in front of the hotel (Applebees maybe?, something like that). The room was roomy and nice. The meeting room was also very nice. You can't beat the lunch buffet for meetings.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We first stayed here last year because we were looking for a dog friendly hotel in Richmond. The hotel and it's staff couldn't have been more accommodating. We enjoyed our stay so much, that we stay here whenever we pass through this area, whether we have our dog with us or not. . The rooms are comfortable and well maintained. I especially love the beds, since I have severe back issues. I normally have to travel with a memory foam mattress topper to use on hotel beds, but the mattresses on the beds in this hotel are so good, that I don't have to use it. We will be driving through the Richmond area in December and will be staying here again. Nice property, great staff, reasonable prices, convenient location, always an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Max F
dschmoll, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel. We look forward for your return trip in December.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We travel with our well trained dogs and sometimes have a hard time finding a good, clean, hotel. We stayed at this location for the first time, this past week and cannot say enough good things about it. First of all, the rooms were IMMACULATE, the staff was both professional, courteous and friendly. It was a pleasure to stay here.

Room Tip: I liked the corner room, 222
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at this Sheraton for a wedding weekend. This was one of the hotel recommended by the couple, but I really felt for the price that it was not a good value. There was a fancy lobby, but the rooms were so-so. They were pretty clean but noisy due to our location near the elevator. The fitness center was tiny but did have lots of equipment (free weights primarily with some cardio equipment) in there. I was very surprised by the overpriced "restaurant" and would have really appreciated more reasonable prices or perhaps a continental breakfast available to early risers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I could not wait to leave this hotel. Our room was not clean. There were visible stains and soil marks on the bed skirt and the coverlet. The bed looked like it had been slept in already. There was a hair on the stack of clean towels, and someone had picked their nose and wiped it on the bathroom faucet. There was drywall dust or something all over the air conditioning unit. And this was the second room we were given; we asked to be moved out of our original room for similar reasons. At some point you just resign yourself.

I don't need fancy amenities or luxury digs, but I need a place to be clean. Our room at the Sheraton was maybe the dirtiest I've ever stayed in, and I once stayed at a hotel in Kansas City that had nail clippings all over the floor. Besides that, it was loud. I could easily hear the people in the room next door. The staff did not give the impression that they cared a great deal. I think they were annoyed by our request to move, rather than concerned by the state of the room. I will say the lobby seemed nice and the room was inexpensive. However, I will never stay here again. Would not recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 44Janie33
dschmoll, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear of your experience and apologize for the way it was handled. We are in the process of getting a new computer system for checking guest into the hotel. Our current system at times will put guest rooms back in service when they are actually not ready to be used for occupancy. There is a temporary fix until our new system is up an running in two weeks.
Once again please accept our apology and hope that you will give us another try.