Super 8 Richmond/Broad Street
US$135
Hampton.com
US$266
US$257
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Trip Advisor actually let me down on this stay. There were many good/great reviews about this Super 8, so we decided to stay with them, instead of Days Inn. A big mistake. We made our reservation online requesting a nonsmoking room. Upon check-in, the clerk stated from the beginning that we were there for a smoking room. We said no, we were not. We requested a nonsmoking room. So, he proceeded to look for that type of room, and said that he had one available. Before I proceed any further, please note that when you walk into the office area, the smell is not real good, and the clerk is behind a glass window. Right now, my flags went up. Their computer was super duper slow, and it took awhile before we were able to complete the check-in process. We took our luggage to our room, and right away was hit with a very offensive odor when we opened the door. I was raised on a farm, and to me, it had the odor of a barn. We have stayed at motels in Virginia many, many years ago, and I can honestly say that everyone we stayed at never met any health codes. So...we figured, OK, we will keep the room, this is the way that Virginia is. The room needed a thorough vacuuming as you could see the dust collecting around the floorboards. We checked for bedbugs, and none were seen, but boy was the mattress full of stains. The box spring was even worse. When I went to bed that night, I found a huge wad of chewed gum stuck to the headboard! The TV was very, very small, and did not have many channels for them to be advertising cable. It was real basic. They did have free Wifi, but it was very, very slow. We left the room to go out for dinner, and as soon as we opened our door on the 2nd floor (nonsmoking floor), the aroma of marijuana filled your nostrils. It was disgusting. We complained to the front desk, and they said they would check it out. Upon our return from dinner, the odor was only stronger. The next morning, when we took our showers, the towels and washcloths were so disgustedly stained! We suffered through the night, and decided that we were NOT even going to check out the "free" breakfast the next day. When we went to check-out, there was a note on the glass window, that they would be back in 10 minutes. So, there wasn't even anyone around to complain about the condition of the room or all the other problems with the place. Would I stay here again? NEVER! So, I don't know what rooms the other people that wrote reviews about this place were in, but ours was downright nasty.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Before booking take a look at the rooms. Matresses look like the come from the garbage. Carpets are awful as well.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 12 April 2010

We stayed at Super 8 for weekend. The locaion is Great convinent to resurants and servies is very good... the staff was very accomodating. The rooms are clean and well mantained. We ejoyed our stay and would come back again...

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2010

I went there to attend a friends wedding and the my friend has reserved this motel for me. I was expecting this to be like any other motel where you get management is grumpy when you call them in the middle of the night to ask for one thing after another as your having a blast with your friends. But to my surprise, the management was very helpfull and patient with us. The rooms that we got were clean and nice and the price was very reasonable as well. I would easily recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Super8richmond, FD Mgr at Super 8 Richmond/Broad Street, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2010

Thank you for such a great review! I'm so glad you love the place as much as I do! We really take pride in making your stay here a pleasant one. If we can do anything in the future, please do not hesitate to ask! Take care & we hope to see you again soon. Remember, You're Always Welcome!

Reviewed 6 April 2010

Spent (2) nights in Richmond checking out local colleges. Enjoyed my stay at Super 8 Broad Street. Many restaurants nearby, good central location. Great rate & wireless internet.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Super8richmond, PR MGR at Super 8 Richmond/Broad Street, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2010