“not the quality of usual Doubletree hotels”

DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian
Ranked #15 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
jackson, United States
“not the quality of usual Doubletree hotels”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This Double tree (called Holiday Inn just weeks before) was not of high quality in the public areas though the inside of the rooms were very nice. Staff were helpful. They replaced non functioning coffee maker immediately. Their printing in their business center needed codes and did not work properly

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Tina B, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
We are sorry to hear that you felt our hotel did not meet your expectations, after your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is very important, in helping us to strive for higher levels of success. We are newly converted, and working hard to adhere to rigid standards with DoubleTree, and we take your comments very seriously. We are glad that our staff were prompt and helpful in meeting your needs and as we continue to update our property per our new Hilton guidelines, we hope that you will return to us and enjoy a much more pleasurable stay next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Richmond Midloathian, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Hotel staff were excellent- very friendly and helpful. Cookie they gave me was still warm and soo delicious! The hotel had previously been a Holiday Inn so I could tell there was a conversion that had taken place- the only imprveoments I would say the hotel needs is in terms of this- the bathroom was not as appealing as in other Doubletrees and the outside of the building. Otherwise the hotel is in a great location- actually located directly beside the office building I was meeting at for work. Overall great stay!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valuable feedback after your recent stay with us. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and we hope that you continue to visit us and enjoy our improvements, which will include both bathrooms and exterior of the building, the two areas you commented on. Thank you again for being a loyal guest, and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The hotel is newly owned by Hilton, I had stayed at this hotel before with previous owners and Hilton has noticably improved the hotel. Any inconveniences were very minor and the bed felt like a cloud. I would stay there again. The staff very friendly and responsive.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel, and even more thrilled that you found our changes to be as exciting as we do! Our beds truly are very comfortable, as you noted, and our staff work hard to ensure that every one of our guests enjoys a warm welcome and a pleasant stay with us. If ever you have any inconveniences at all, no matter how minor - please do share them while you are at the hotel, as we would rather make sure that every guest leaves us 100% happy. Thank you for taking the time to write to us, and we hope to see you again soon.
Daytona Beach, FL
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed because the hotel was within walking distance for where I needed to go. Checkin was pleasant and the staff professional and efficient. The room was good, the internet connection was either wireless or wired for the room I had.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding - the couple had a room block there, but the actual wedding was elsewhere - and had a terrible experience. The hotel charged me double the amount we were told (double the amount that was on the bill that was put under the room door the day of check-out). The billing issues had to due with a military discount - which is why I would recommend that military personnel and their families not stay at this hotel. It has been over a week since our stay and the billing issues still haven't been fixed. We get told different information everyone time we call (three times total). They also made it seem like it was our fault - even though they charged us an amount that was double what was authorized.

Also, I know the bride and groom and other wedding guests had issues with the hotel. So, in conclustion, if your are using the hotel for a wedding or rooms for a wedding or are military personnel or their families - best to book elsewhere.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent concerns with us. I know that we have since addressed your issues personally and responded privately to you, regarding this. We are sorry that you felt that our stay did not meet your expectations and we apologize for the confusion regarding group vs. military rates. I do believe that everything has been taken care of at this point, and would welcome a note from you confirming this, to tina.bell@hilton.com Many thanks again for getting in touch, and we hope that you will put your trust in us again in the future so that we may show you a much more pleasurable experience.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding - which is the good news because hopefully I won't ever have to stay here again. The hotel billed me double the amount that they were supposed to bill me (double the amount on the bill that was put under the room door the day of check-out and more than double the amount that we were told at check-in). This error has still not been corrected (it has been over a week) and when I called the hotel (three times now total) I have been made to feel like the problem was my fault and have received different responses from different people. The billing issue had to do with a military discount – my recommendation would be for military personnel and their families NOT to stay at this hotel. This hotel made me feel uncomfortable. Also, our room was humid, muggy and damp - which we didn't complain about and wouldn't have complained about if it had been for the egregious billing issues we experienced. I also know that the bride and groom (who had their wedding elsewhere, but had a room block at this hotel) and other guests had issues with the hotel. One guest even told me that every time a guest would call they would be told they got the last room until another guest called and then they got the last room. Bottom line - book elsewhere especially if you are military or their families and do not book your wedding (even if you are only using it for the hotel rooms) at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Hernando, Mississippi
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I want to give personal recognition to Mike Watkins, Diann Pearson, and the staff at Double Tree in Richmond-Midlothian, Virginia. I wish to commend them for the compassion and kindness shown to me in dealing with the tragic death of my daughter in July at Chippenham Hospital.

I flew into town on a moment's notice without reservations or a place to stay on a busy weekend. They made immediate accommodations for me for an indefinite time until after the funeral. Their kindness will always be appreciated.

Robert R

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
There are no words to express how saddened we are by your situation. Most of our hotel family have children, and we have all worked together for many years. We were glad that we could provide you with some peace and quiet, and a place to sleep, although we are sure you did not rest very comfortably, with all that you were dealing with at the time. Our entire hotel extends to you again, our most sincere sympathies, and we are grateful for your kind comments, in the aftermath of such tragedy. Our best wishes to you.