DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian
The Renaissance(Richmond)
  • Bar/Lounge
Linden Row Inn(Richmond)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesfront deskholiday innbusiness tripnice hotelthe hotel staffwould stay here againenjoyed my staybed was very comfortablegreat customer servicenice stayfitness centerindoor poolconvenient locationshuttle serviceconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is a nice hotel which often sponsors combined lodging/venue packages that make for a short getaway. We are pleased with the staff's efforts in providing all the right touches to make for it fun for special/holiday guests.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tina B, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you so much for choosing us for your recent stay, and especially for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. These positive reviews are critical to our continued goal of excellence in terms of our service and accommodations, for all of our guests. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us, and hope that you will choose us again soon, for your lodging needs. It will always be our top priority to ensure that you receive a warm, ‘DoubleTree’ welcome, and that every possible need is met during your visit. Please always let us know, at the desk, if there is anything at all we can do to enhance your stay. Again, sincerely, thank you.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I truly enjoyed staying at this hotel but when I checked out I put my final amount on my debit card. There was a sign that explained that $30 additional would be held against my account for each day I stayed in the hotel IF I used my debit card. So since I stayed 3 nights, I expected $90 additional to be held for a few days. When I checked my bank account after I got home, I discovered that an additional $226 had been held! I called the hotel and they explained that there was really nothing they could do until my final amount cleared the bank. Now, it is 3 days later and they STILL have my extra money with no one able to explain WHEN the additional amount will be re-added to my account. I was told they didn't actually HAVE my money, just a hold had been put against it in the bank, but it STILL keeps me from being able to USE over $200 for 3 or more days. I also was told on the TV set that I would be charged $16.99 to watch an in-room movie. But when I checked out I was actually charged $20.49 for the movie AND $1.08 for extra tax. I asked why I was charged more than I was told on the screen in the room and was told it was additional tax on the tax already added. I'm not sure I like their bookkeeping policies. The STAFF was VERY nice and kind and helpful but the bookkeeping policies of this company are a little hard to stomach.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. I understand all of these concerns have been addressed, and any issues rectified, from a process of emails between yourself and our Front Office Manager. I am glad that everything has been resolved and that you are happy with the outcome, and I hope that you do choose our hotel again in the future. Our goal is to ensure that all guests leave us satisfied, and I am sorry that this took a little longer in your case but glad that we did achieve a resolution for you. Thank you again for reaching out via Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I spent one night at the Double Tree. The room was fine - very clean and comfortable. The people at the front desk were helpful and friendly. I ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant - good food and very good service. After checking out, I ordered 2 coffees-to-go from the hostess. She brought me the coffee but would not accept a tip. I thought that was very generous and kind of her.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We love to see these kind of encouraging, positive responses on Tripadvisor, and we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience at our newly converted DoubleTree hotel. We pride ourselves on impeccable service, and it was great to see that your stay was no exception. Our long term staff specialize in making sure that every single traveler leaves us happy, and so it means a great deal to us that you shared this with other potential customers, via Tripadvisor. Positive reviews encourage future travel to our hotel - so thank you again.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

The hotel was very nice, the check in staff was great, there are some dated components and the housekeeping staff didn't get to our room until later afternoon but she was very attentive and did a great job.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel, on Tripadvisor! To address your concern - we are updating our rooms currently, and within two weeks, all of them will contain beautiful new furniture and artwork. We do hope that you will return to us and enjoy staying in one of our brand new guestrooms. If you are ever planning on leaving the hotel and returning early and would like early housekeeping service, please feel free to use the CARELINE feature on your guestroom phone, and see if that request can be met. If so, we'd be happy to oblige. Our goal is total guest satisfaction, and we will always be as flexible as we can, with regards to servicing your room. Many thanks again for writing such a positive review, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

the pillows suck beyond belief like trying to lay on a pile of diarrhea. otherwise a satisfactory stay. price could be a little better. I really like how the catering staff cooks the type of food my conference requires.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback, after your recent stay at our newly converted hotel. We do provide many different levels of firmness of pillows, and I do wish that you had called the CARELINE on your guestroom telephone, to voice your concern. We would have immediately sent up some firmer pillows, so that you could have enjoyed a better nights' rest. Please accept our apologies, and please let us know the next time you visit us, so that we can have firm pillows in your room, on arrival. You may use the "request upon arrival" feature on any confirmation email from our hotel, to click on a link where your preferences can be noted, and these preferences are stored in your profile at any Hilton property, to make sure we provide the kind of service you expect, everywhere you travel. Thanks again for reaching out.