DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian
US$107
US$101
Travelocity
US$142
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesfront deskholiday innbusiness tripnice hotelthe hotel staffwould stay here againenjoyed my staybed was very comfortablegreat customer servicenice stayfitness centerindoor poolconvenient locationshuttle serviceconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Not worth the price. Walls seem to be paper thin and let any noise through. Conference area was nice, but often noisy as many rooms sounded like they were near the kitchen. The rooms were average. Great location though - right near a bunch of restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tina B, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us, and promise to address your conference-noise concerns with our management team, immediately. Our policy is to provide a comfortable and enjoyable stay to all of our guests, and it concerns us that you did not experience this. We hope that you will put your trust in us again, and ask you to contact us if you travel to this area again, so that we can offer a more peaceful visit. Please reach me at tina.bell@hilton.com if you do visit Richmond again in the future, and thank you again for taking the time to post your comments, which we take most seriously.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had a group of 20 rooms over the March 2014 weekend. The service in the place was excellent. The rooms were spotless and the service was 2nd to none.

Vickie & Haley at the front desk could not do enough for us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Tina B, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide some valuable feedback from your recent stay with us - these wonderful comments help potential new visitors to our area, to choose us! We are therefore very grateful. Vickie and Haley have both been an integral part of our customer service team for many years, and pride themselves on providing impeccable service to all of our guests. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and found them both to be so accommodating to your needs. Please do visit us again soon! We are putting beautiful new headboards and furniture in our guestrooms and we know you will love the updates. Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel appears to be an older property, that could use some updating. However, the rooms and facilities are all very clean. Also, the location is excellent, and it has a nice pool and well above average workout facility.

My family and I checked in late (after midnight) and were exhausted, they gave us a room that was non-smoking, but when we went into it we were immediately hit with the smoking odor, and there were a few other issues with our room. The next day I called the manager and had her come up to inspect. To her great credit, she immediately recognized the problem and went out of her way to rectify the situation for us. I could use a Manager like Tina B (Director of Corporate Sales) in my own business! Quality managers that can manage successfully through customer issues are true gems! I will stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for this review! With regards to the "dated" comment, we will be complete with some room updates by mid-April which will show a tremendous improvement in our rooms, and we hope that you will visit us again next year and enjoy the changes. The kind remarks regarding my attention to your needs were much appreciated. Our goal is always to rectify any (thankfully rare) concerns that guests have, as soon as possible. We did recognize the urgency in moving you and were glad that we were able to ask our housekeeping department to rapidly make a new room available for you. We are a non-smoking hotel, in all areas, and generally when smoking has occurred in a room, guests are charged clean-up fees. We do not always know that this issue exists, unless you bring it to our attention, and we are glad that you did. I am just sorry that you had to remain uncomfortable until we were made aware, but realize that you checked in late. We are glad that the rest of your stay went well, and hope that the sporting events were successful ones. Our team pride themselves on responsive and caring service and feedback like this is very important to us. I am grateful for your comments and hope that we get an opportunity to welcome you and your family, again. Before you return to us, please email me at tina.bell@hilton.com so that I can welcome you in person.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed at Double Tree for 3 nights, Thu-Sun, in a double bed room with two children under the age of 4. We were in town for my mother's funeral. Since it was last minute this was one of the only rooms in town. The first night was good...only the occasional slamming door. You can't blame the hotel for people not being considerate. Our room was very nice. Nice sheets, lots of pillows, nice down comforter and down mattress pad. The bed is not firm, but for a hotel mattress it was very nice. They have thick, good sized towels, very nice toiletries, good coffee and creamer in the room. The cable channel selection is limited and there is no free breakfast. We packed cereal cups, fruit and pints of milk since they have a mini fridge. If our whole stay was like Thursday night I'd rate the hotel at a 5. However, our room 715 was next to the stairwell. So for two nights we heard dueling slamming doors of our neighbor (adjoining rooms separated by two locked doors with a large gap at the bottom of the doors). My husband had to get up at 2am to put pillows at the bottom of the door to try to block sound and light from the room next door. Our neighbors got in at 1:30 each night and didn't go to sleep until after 4am both nights. They were the ones going back and forth to the stairwell. The door to the stairwell was right behind our headboards and would just jolt you awake. They woke my 2 year old at 1:30 screaming. I heard another baby crying across the hall. You cannot blame the hotel for idiots, but the location of the room next to the stairwell sucked. The other doors sounds are somewhat muffled because of the room's soundproofing. The stairwell isn't muffled at all. I heard voices, the door slamming and early in the morning someone pass gas loudly. Not kidding. So, great hotel, but if they put you near the stairwell, ask for a room change or bring good ear plugs. This hotel is awesome as far as entertainment. There is a restaurant, bar and even a night club. There was a convention going on and a fashion show while we were there. The downside to that is that if you're a boring family with small kids just desperate for a place to get a good nights sleep, its pretty rowdy. So, if you're there with teenagers, a bachelor's party or a girl's weekend, I bet you'll have the time of your life. If you're a young family there is a perk in that its across the road from Toys R Us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 43melissaw

First, let me thank you for taking the time to write an extensive and candid review of our hotel. We take this kind of feedback VERY seriously, and all comments and concerns are addressed with our management team. We are thrilled that you found our hotel to be welcoming and accommodating and that so many aspects of your stay went well. We do, however, apologize profusely for the noise issues you experienced during your stay with us. As you said, it is very difficult for us to control noise made by other hotel guests, but there are always a couple of options that we can try, for you, and it is our job to do so. If you had called the CARE LINE button on your telephone, that is where we tend to any concerns or issues and our goal is to resolve them within 15 minutes from receipt of the call at the Front Desk. In this case, we would have made every attempt to move you to another room where you would hopefully have experienced quieter neighbors (entering and re-entering the stairwell all night is not typically common behavior for our guests, thank goodness!). If we were unable to move you, we would have asked our Security staff to visit the room in person and ask the occupants to please reduce their noise levels. We do have a strict noise policy and we would have given the occupants two warnings, and beyond that, we can actually ask them to leave the hotel - which is never necessary as most people do not realize they are interrupting others and will make efforts to be more complaint with noise rules. That being said, it does nothing at this point to change the fact that you had uncomfortable evenings during your stay, and we are very, very sorry. We also recognize that you were here for sad reasons, and rest (especially with small children) is so important during stressful situations. If you would be kind enough to contact me at tina.bell@hilton.com, I would be glad to provide you with some additional Hilton Honors points, to try and make up in some small way for the inconvenience caused. Our hotel team would like to offer condolences for your loss, and reinforce how sorry we are that all didnt go well. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed for 2 nights while attending a conference that was held in the same hotel. I found every staff member I came in contact with to be extremely helpful and friendly as well as accommodating. They also went above and beyond. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for sharing such a positive and encouraging review of our beautiful hotel, on Tripadvisor. As you probably know, this kind of feedback provides potential new travelers to our hotel with a great reason to choose us, and so your comments are much appreciated! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found your interactions with our staff to be so pleasant - we pride ourselves on long term, dedicated service from a team that puts customers first! Thank you again....we hope to welcome you again soon.