“Great place to stay”

Ranked #15 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Henrico, United States
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Rooms and lobby are lovely, and everything was very clean. The gym is extremely small and if 4 people are in there you won't be able to work out. Still, its nice that they offer it. Free wifi is wonderful and overall the staff was very accommodating with a few exceptions.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Tina B, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you for a thoughtful and positive Tripadvisor review. This kind of feedback encourages other travelers to choose our hotel, and we are therefore grateful for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your room, and our beautiful spacious Atrium Lobby Lounge. We have recently renovated our guestrooms, and the feedback is very positive overall, so again, thank you. The fitness center is not the largest, but we are almost complete with updates to it, and soon it will offer the DoubleTree standard PRE-COR equipment, which is more compact than the current items in there, and will hopefully provide a more spacious environment. We do have connections also at MAC (Midlothian Athletic Club) Fitness Center - adjacent to the hotel - where you can enjoy full fitness facilities for a small fee (payable at MAC). Many of our regular guests do take advantage of this service, and you are welcome to do the same. Again, many thanks for reaching out, and we hope to welcome you again soon at our hotel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Marlton, NJ, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Even though this hotel is an older Doubletree, Vickie Majcen at the Front Desk and the staff at the restaurant made this hotel excellent in my opinion. Vickie was funny and engaging at check-in and was ready with a warm cookie, which was appreciated on a rainy night. The staff and food at the restaurant were extremely both great. The staff was friendly and pleasant, and the food was good (something that wasn't good at a competing hotel earlier in the week!). The only complaint I had was that the fan in the bathroom had a loud humming noise when it first started up, but that lowered after about five minutes.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your kind and positive feedback concerning your recent visit to our newly renovated hotel! Vickie is a gem, and we are always thrilled with the friendly, warm welcome she provides eagerly to all of our guests. Most of our team members have been with us for multiple years, and that combined experience is what helps us to provide constantly impeccable service to our customers. We are also pleased that you enjoyed our food, your room, and all other aspects of your stay. I am glad that your bathroom fan noise cleared itself up, but had you called the CARELINE (button on your guestroom phone) then our aim would have been to rectify the concern within 15 minutes of your call. Our hotel prides itself on caring for our guests, and we are glad that you experienced this for yourself. Positive reviews like yours help other travelers make good choices, and we therefore truly appreciate your Tripadvisor review. Thank you!
Winchester, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel is filthy. I had to actually ask to have my room vacuumed even though there was a large amount of visible dirt throughout. It also was not big enough to host the conference I attended. The rooms were overly hot in sessions because of that I assume.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am surprised and disappointed to read your comments on Tripadvisor, and apologize that you were unhappy with the level of cleanliness in your guestroom. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly at tina.bell@hilton.com, I would like to look into this in more detail. Anything that concerns cleanliness is of utmost concern to us, and we take such issues very seriously. As for your conference, if it is the same one that I am assuming, then the numbers did grow dramatically in size at the last minute, and I am so sorry that the rooms are only built to accommodate certain numbers, and if we are sold out of space, then the number of attendees grows, then we just have to do the very best that we can to make what space we have allocated, work. I know this created some discomfort, which is absolutely not our intention. Our goal is to provide a comfortable conference experience for ALL of our guests. I am so sorry this did not happen, and hope you will reach out to me so that I can apologize in person, and find out more about your room cleanliness issue. Thank you - I look forward to hearing from you.
Alexandria, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I found the employees especially friendly and helpful. There was a fun hostess on Thursday morning of my stay. The rooms were beuatifully appointed. The only reason I didn't rate my stay as "excellent" is because the walls are not sound-proof. I could hear the ladies next door having a normal conversation, and they were definitely not rowdy. I loved the mattress and pristine pillows and sheets; also enjoyed the special soaps. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent experience with us, and thank you sincerely for sharing this feedback on Tripadvisor. It is our sincere goal that all of our guests leave us satisfied, having enjoyed a warm welcome and a comfortable stay with us. Most of our team members have been with our hotel for 15+ years, and are truly dedicated to providing impeccable customer service. Thank you again! We hope to see you again, soon.
Bedford, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Needed to print out a document and ended up having to drive to Staples to get a 2 page document printed. Shower was only lukewarm and lighting of room was terrible. Conference facilities were fine and overall quality and cleanliness of facilities was fine.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for sharing your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor. Not only do we take any concerns very seriously, they help us to strive for constant improvement. To answer your concerns - we did have some printing issues in our business center recently, but to my knowledge they have been completely resolved. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you were caused by having to leave our hotel to print your document. Had you made this concern evident to someone on the management team, I can assure you that we would have sent our bellman for you, or found a way to print your document in the sales office. It is not our practice to have guests leave us dissatisfied in ANY way! I also apologize for the temperate of the shower water - I cannot answer as to the reason for this but am addressing with our Chief Engineer, tomorrow. I am glad that other aspects of your stay went well, and hope that you do choose our hotel again soon, so that we can have an opportunity to regain your trust in terms of our staff responsiveness to your needs. Thank you so much for choosing us, and again, for sharing your experience so that we may respond accordingly.
Washington, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stay weekly and love the staff, from the front desk to the breakfast room they are the most dedicated hotel staff I've seen. They make you feel welcome and at home. My only issue is the rooms, while the bed is super comfy, the rooms (which were recently renovated) are still tired, dated, and dark, with less than optimal HVAC systems (loud and not working well), not enough outlets, low water pressure. The renovations appear more "cosmetic" than substantial but it's close to my company HQ and I love the staff.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, and we truly appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel. I can tell you that the renovations are almost complete - but not quite, and I am hoping that you soon find the rooms to be brighter, more attractive, and more in tune with what you would expect from a beautiful Hilton product. The furniture is all being replaced THIS WEEK, and we hope that on your next visit, you are pleasantly surprised. Lighting is being improved in all areas...... I would welcome your comments after your next stay - to tina.bell@hilton.com. Thank you again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you again, soon.
Charlottesville, United States
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Not worth the price. Walls seem to be paper thin and let any noise through. Conference area was nice, but often noisy as many rooms sounded like they were near the kitchen. The rooms were average. Great location though - right near a bunch of restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us, and promise to address your conference-noise concerns with our management team, immediately. Our policy is to provide a comfortable and enjoyable stay to all of our guests, and it concerns us that you did not experience this. We hope that you will put your trust in us again, and ask you to contact us if you travel to this area again, so that we can offer a more peaceful visit. Please reach me at tina.bell@hilton.com if you do visit Richmond again in the future, and thank you again for taking the time to post your comments, which we take most seriously.