“Loud Guests, Front Desk Staff no help.Not much sleep”

DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian
Ranked #19 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very louds guests from 1:00 a.m. to 3:30 a.m. on my floor.I had to keep calling front desk to come to 5th floor to stop all the loud laughing, hollering, and whistling going on. The guest were from a wedding party. After fourth call to front desk, staff hung phone up on me. Security kept saying they didn't see anything. Yet I could see the loud guests from my hotel door peep hole. I opened my door to see what was going on. I could see that the young people were all intoxicated. I immediately went back into my room. I didn't get much sleep.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tina B, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

We are so sorry that you experienced noise concerns at our hotel during your recent visit. It is our goal to ensure that all guests enjoy a comfortable night's sleep, and we realize how upsetting it is when this does not occur due to noise being made by other hotel guests. We did address the noise issues with the party concerned, and we are sincerely sorry that things did not quieten down for you. These kinds of things occur rarely, but other than removing the entire party from the hotel, it is sometimes hard to control these situations. I promise you that we do our best, and in this case I am sorry that we let you down. We do hope that you will return to our hotel at some point, and provide us with an opportunity to earn your trust again, by giving you a restful night, in an upgraded room. Please reach out to me if you plan to travel to this area area (tina.bell@hilton.com), and in the meantime, please accept our very sincere apologies for your discomfort. If you would be kind enough to call me at the hotel 804-379-3800, I'd like an opportunity to apologize in person. Many thanks for sharing your concerns.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was there over night for training. I loved being greeted with a warm cookie and quick check in service. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The food was good and reasonable. The conference room was well set up and the staff were well prepared. It was a pleasant experience.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tina B, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to post a positive and encouraging review on Trip Advisor, after your recent experience at our hotel. There is nothing that we like to hear more - that your trip was successful and all aspects of it were enjoyable. We put a huge emphasis on providing impeccable service at our newly renovated hotel, and we are thrilled to hear that you were a happy recipient of such service. We do hope that you visit us again, and when you do, please reach out so that we can thank you in person - tina.bell@hilton.com Many thanks!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Sorry I dont like leaving bad reviews, and I never had but the bed sheets were dirty from the last people that stayed and there was a dead bug on the sheet as well. I did call the front desk and they did get someone to come change the sheets. Bed to soft for me to sleep on, did not sleep well at all.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tina B, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you so much for providing us with feedback from your recent stay. I must say I am completely horrified to hear that you experienced this awful situation with us....and I am being completely honest when I also say that this experience is normally unheard of, at our hotel. There is no excuse at all for this, and we are following up at our end with the Department concerned and that Department Head. Please accept our sincere apologies for this oversight and please know that we take this kind of complaint very seriously and will be making 100% no such thing occurs again. We do hope that the rest of your stay went well and we do appreciate your reaching out. We hope you will choose us again at some point so that we may earn your trust back, as that is very important to us. Thank you again, and we truly are very sorry.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Great place to stay I love the cookies and the room is comfortable. I didn't use the pool or workout center during this stay so can't comet on those things. It doesn't have a closet that has doors. The breakfast is good had an omelet station.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for writing a TripAdvisor review after your recent visit to our hotel. We do pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our guests, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We hope that next time, you do get to experience our pool and other areas of our hotel. Our guestroom closets are being re-modeled currently and by next week, will offer far nicer shelving, and new decor. We hope that you will return to us soon and that we have another opportunity to welcome you!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here for a week-end church conference. All our needs were met rapidly and courteously. The staff is amazing and seems to work in harmony. Our children enjoyed the pool and the adults enjoyed van accommodations for local shopping trip. Kudos!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with wonderful feedback after your recent stay with us. I can assure you that we do dedicate ourselves to providing the very best in customer service, and its always a pleasure to hear that we did a good job. Thank you so much for sharing this, and for choosing our hotel for your Church Group needs.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had a great stay at Doubletree while in town for a family wedding. The room was nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable and linens were nice. Staff was helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful, newly renovated hotel! Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, and please know how grateful we are for both your business and your positive feedback. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a wedding and the hotel was perfectly located for the reception. The lobby looks recently updated and very nice. One thing missing was complimentary coffee in the lobby. We felt that would have been a great addition to our stay.

The room was nice but the bathroom was tiny. It was just big enough to open the door and made it impossible to use for 2 people.

Our only other challenge is that we asked for an upgrade and was told one wasn't available. Later we found out our friends (without Hilton status) received an upgrade when their room wasn't ready.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tina B, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback from your recent stay at our newly renovated hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we apologize for the lack of upgrade available. We were required to offer the one upgrade we had available to the guest who had experienced an uncomfortably long wait for the room type they needed, and in normal circumstances without that delay, we would have naturally offered it to our Hilton Honors member (yourself) as appreciation for your loyalty to our brand. I am sorry this wasnt the case, and hope that at least you found all other aspects of your visit to be pleasant. We have a long-term dedicated staff who pride themselves on wonderful customer service and we hope that you experienced this for yourself. Thank you again for posting a review - we truly appreciate it.