“Friendly and Warm.”

Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road
Ranked #43 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 13 November 2011

From the Staff to the Hotel just awesome. KUDO"S to Bella When I called to reserve she very friendly and helpful just a pleasent person. apon arriving I was greeted and help by ismaray. Just a wonderful person made me feel so welcome. I would be back real soon to stay again the rooms where nice and clean and cozy, I would reccommend this hotel to all of my friends. the staff was friendly and helpful and that makes the whole of difference when your checking in.

Room Tip: all rooms are equally the same just nice
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
hibells, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Thank you for the great review. We are in this business because we enjoy people. I firmly believe that it is the extra attention we give that truly makes you (our guests) feel welcome. Ismaray and Bella live up to this expecation daily...I am very proud of our team here and thank you for acknowledging their hard work.

Reviewed 12 November 2011

I have to admit, I was skeptical when I booked this hotel because of the picture that is shown with these reviews. It looked like a little 50s place. But we had a last minute change of plans and all the hotels near the start/finish of the Richmond marathon were full by the time we decided to book. I took a chance on this hotel because the reviews seemed good. I'm very glad we got this hotel. It is a very nice hotel. Rooms are nicely appointed, clean, pillows of different firmness were labeled and on the bed. Service was excellent, especially a girl named Bella who helped me several times. I wanted a real late check out so my daughter could clean up after the marathon, and for a small charge, they worked with me. Every other hotel had said no when I had inquired about a late checkout. The hotel is actually not too far from the race -- (marathon tip: try to get to Byrd Road after exiting 95 to reach the marathon and get as close to the start/finish from the back). This hotel actually made me re-think my views on Holiday Inns. I had been doing mostly Marriotts and Hiltons till now and variations such as Courtyard and Gardens, but this was just as nice and really, really reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay while in town for the Sun Trust Marathon. I appreciate the feedback pertaining to the pictures and am excited to say that we have a professional photo shoot scheduled for this month. It is always exciting to hear that one of our associates helped make your stay even more special; Bella is a phenomenal addition to our team and it shows in her daily interactions with our guests and associates alike.

I look forward to having you as a guest again.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was stuck! The other hotel across the street had fouled up my reservation (as usual I have found for that chain) so I called the Holiday Inn Richmond South at the last minute. Now Holiday Inn is generally my favorite chain of business hotels. The only time I stray to other chains is based on location or price. I explained my situation to Courtney who was at the front desk at the time and not only could she accommodate me at the Holiday Inn Richmond South, she said she would match my superb rate that I had from the hotel that could not meet my needs. I immediately went across the street and Courtney (I hope I am spelling her name correctly) let me look at the room prior to checking in to the hotel. The room was perfect. It was obvious that the hotel had recently been renovated and I was very pleased. I stayed three nights.

It is the little things at a hotel that make a big difference to me. The HVAC was perfect, the shower had great water pressure and the shower curtain was at the right height to keep the water from splashing all over the bathroom. The TV had both high definition channels and regular TV and changed channels quickly and easily. I could adjust the size and format of the picture to fit the screen as necessary. Internet connections were fast and sleek and available wired or wirelessly. All of the little things that are so often overlooked were great.

There was one noticeable difficulty that I was told will soon be corrected. The mattresses have not yet been upgraded and are soft. My mattress tended to fold in the middle. It is my understanding that this will be rectified soon.

One other note, daily linen and towels changes are on an opt-in system. Unless one specifically requests clean linen and towels the bed will be made with old linen and towels hung up to dry rather than replaced. This was advertised well however and I had no problem getting fresh linen. I do believe however that participation in such programs should be positive response for participation. In other words linen should always be changed unless the customer opts out of having it changed.

The Holiday Inn Richmond South is in a great easy to find location, has great facilities and a marvelous staff. I visit Richmond often and plan to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Maineguy0001
hibells, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

With the many choices you now have choosing a hotel it can be a quite daunting experience. We firmly believe that it is the little extras that make your stay wonderful and will set a hotel a part from the other choices. I am extremely pleased that you found our hotel to be a great place to stay; and Courtney truly meets our standards of hospitality. Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn South - Bells Road. I look forward to having you as a guest again the next time you are in the Richmond area.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

Our stay was great... The frontOffice Manager ( Ismaray Albalat ) was the best.. She made our stay the best ever

Room Tip: 1st floor with fridge
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
hibells, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Thank you very much for the review. Ismaray, and our entire team, truly enjoy the guest connection component of our job. Making our guests happy makes us happy and I'm truly pleased that we made your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 October 2011

Stayed there 2 nights over the weekend and it was great! I got a amazing deal off hotwire and was SO surprised at how great the hotel is. The room was totally clean and quiet. Even though it is right off the highway you don't hear the traffic at all.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
hibells, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience while at our property. The positive feedback is much appreciated and our Housekeeping team will be extremely happy to hear that their hard work is noticed. I look forward to having you as a guest again very soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night, arriving about 11pm after a flight into DCA. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, good water pressure and nice towels in the bathroom. All in all, it was a good choice for our needs. Very conveniently located right off the interstate. We got an excellent deal on priceline for this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
hibells, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

The team at the Holiday Inn South - Bells Road understands just how tiring and sometimes stressful traveling can be. While every one of our guests have different needs and wants, we consider a comfortable bed and soft, clean towels to be a basic necessity. Our Executive Housekeeper personally checks every single towel, blanket and piece of linen to verify that they are up the Holiday Inn standards in softness and cleanliness; it is always a pleasure when the hard work in recognized.

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to share your experience with other travelers. We look forward to having you as a guest again.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed here 1 night and it was a great hotel. Paid less that 60/night and it had a pool and very nice accomodations. Pet friendly and they provided a crib for us. Nice pool! Very good overall hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
hibells, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team works very hard to meet and exceed our guest's expectations....and it is alway's refreshing to hear when we meet that goal. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to having you as a guest again.