““Convenient and comfortable””

Ranked #39 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Detroit, Michigan, United States
““Convenient and comfortable””
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Stayed at the holiday inn for a total of three months for business. The staff is very polite and professional. The bathrooms are nice and the bed is very comfortable. Access to the hotel is very convenient by it being right off the highway.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Not a whole lot around this hotel but industrial but good access to the hwy. The hotel is in great condition Its a newer building and the rooms are great. On site restraunt/Bar free hot breakfast. subway sandwichs accross the street. Great staff .

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 313mikeD
hibells, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
Thank you for the response. While there may not be a whole lot of activity in the immediate area, a quick five minute drive either north to Downtown Richmond or south can provide all of the activity desired. I am glad you found our property to be up to your standards. I look forward to having you as a guest again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The service at this hotel is outstanding. I stay here when traveling on company business. The staff is friendly and helpful. The sport cafe is a nice place to eat. The front desk staff is very friendly and go out their way to insure that your stay is good. The office manager is outstanding and helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank wayne r
hibells, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thank you for your review. It is great to here that the extra service steps our team provides is noticed. We stand on our service and believe it is an integral part to a successful hotel stay. Ismaray does a phenomenal job leading by example and her front office team enjoys following suit.

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I stayed at this Holiday Inn in Richmond for a business trip. It was more affordable than downtown hotels. It provided good service, above-average dining, and was up to Holiday Inn standards.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Dan J
hibells, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Our location is very convenient to downtown Richmond and at a very attractive price with plenty of free parking. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and dining experience. I look forward to having you as a guest again very soon.

Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2011

From the Staff to the Hotel just awesome. KUDO"S to Bella When I called to reserve she very friendly and helpful just a pleasent person. apon arriving I was greeted and help by ismaray. Just a wonderful person made me feel so welcome. I would be back real soon to stay again the rooms where nice and clean and cozy, I would reccommend this hotel to all of my friends. the staff was friendly and helpful and that makes the whole of difference when your checking in.

Room Tip: all rooms are equally the same just nice
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
hibells, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Thank you for the great review. We are in this business because we enjoy people. I firmly believe that it is the extra attention we give that truly makes you (our guests) feel welcome. Ismaray and Bella live up to this expecation daily...I am very proud of our team here and thank you for acknowledging their hard work.

Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I have to admit, I was skeptical when I booked this hotel because of the picture that is shown with these reviews. It looked like a little 50s place. But we had a last minute change of plans and all the hotels near the start/finish of the Richmond marathon were full by the time we decided to book. I took a chance on this hotel because the reviews seemed good. I'm very glad we got this hotel. It is a very nice hotel. Rooms are nicely appointed, clean, pillows of different firmness were labeled and on the bed. Service was excellent, especially a girl named Bella who helped me several times. I wanted a real late check out so my daughter could clean up after the marathon, and for a small charge, they worked with me. Every other hotel had said no when I had inquired about a late checkout. The hotel is actually not too far from the race -- (marathon tip: try to get to Byrd Road after exiting 95 to reach the marathon and get as close to the start/finish from the back). This hotel actually made me re-think my views on Holiday Inns. I had been doing mostly Marriotts and Hiltons till now and variations such as Courtyard and Gardens, but this was just as nice and really, really reasonable.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay while in town for the Sun Trust Marathon. I appreciate the feedback pertaining to the pictures and am excited to say that we have a professional photo shoot scheduled for this month. It is always exciting to hear that one of our associates helped make your stay even more special; Bella is a phenomenal addition to our team and it shows in her daily interactions with our guests and associates alike.

I look forward to having you as a guest again.

Maine
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was stuck! The other hotel across the street had fouled up my reservation (as usual I have found for that chain) so I called the Holiday Inn Richmond South at the last minute. Now Holiday Inn is generally my favorite chain of business hotels. The only time I stray to other chains is based on location or price. I explained my situation to Courtney who was at the front desk at the time and not only could she accommodate me at the Holiday Inn Richmond South, she said she would match my superb rate that I had from the hotel that could not meet my needs. I immediately went across the street and Courtney (I hope I am spelling her name correctly) let me look at the room prior to checking in to the hotel. The room was perfect. It was obvious that the hotel had recently been renovated and I was very pleased. I stayed three nights.

It is the little things at a hotel that make a big difference to me. The HVAC was perfect, the shower had great water pressure and the shower curtain was at the right height to keep the water from splashing all over the bathroom. The TV had both high definition channels and regular TV and changed channels quickly and easily. I could adjust the size and format of the picture to fit the screen as necessary. Internet connections were fast and sleek and available wired or wirelessly. All of the little things that are so often overlooked were great.

There was one noticeable difficulty that I was told will soon be corrected. The mattresses have not yet been upgraded and are soft. My mattress tended to fold in the middle. It is my understanding that this will be rectified soon.

One other note, daily linen and towels changes are on an opt-in system. Unless one specifically requests clean linen and towels the bed will be made with old linen and towels hung up to dry rather than replaced. This was advertised well however and I had no problem getting fresh linen. I do believe however that participation in such programs should be positive response for participation. In other words linen should always be changed unless the customer opts out of having it changed.

The Holiday Inn Richmond South is in a great easy to find location, has great facilities and a marvelous staff. I visit Richmond often and plan to stay here again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Maineguy0001
hibells, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
With the many choices you now have choosing a hotel it can be a quite daunting experience. We firmly believe that it is the little extras that make your stay wonderful and will set a hotel a part from the other choices. I am extremely pleased that you found our hotel to be a great place to stay; and Courtney truly meets our standards of hospitality. Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn South - Bells Road. I look forward to having you as a guest again the next time you are in the Richmond area.