“Great Location Nice Hotel”

Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road
Ranked #40 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Location Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Went to Richmond for a wedding with my family. The Location was excellent, right off 95. The rooms were a little cramped but the beds were very comfortable. The cleaning staff did an awesome job, and were very accommodating, the Front desk staff were all very friendly. Had breakfast at their restaurant grill. Food was good, service was slow. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on the upper floor, asked for the pool view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Amit V, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel and staff. We will pass your comments on to the entire staff. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you staying with us whenever you are in the Richmond area.

The Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Mercer, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the way to the beach. The hotel is located in kind of an industrial area so there is not alot of options as far as restraunts...there is fast food close. The service was excellent on check in. The room (although a bit dated) was nice , comfy bed, clean bathroom and roomy. For the price(Hotwire($66). I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
hibells, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts about our hotel. We appreciate your comments and look forward to you staying with us again on your next trip to Richmond.

Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I was checked in very promptly and efficient by Rachel, she recognized my IHG loyalty status, very professional and knowledgeable at answering my questions.
However the room was near the elevator, although a hallway was between the room and the elevator, I could hear the elevator going up and down all night, making a rusty sound, and the walls are so thin I was able to hear people talking in other rooms. The A/C was very noisy, every time the blowing stopped at reaching the temperature programmed, the machine itself made a noise as if ice was breaking inside. I was there for just one night, so I did not bother to ask for another room.
Also the billing transactions are quite weird and not convenient. I see in my bank statement 2 transactions, the 1st one was for the room and tax and the second one was for the room and tax (again) and the food I ate at the restaurant, so instead of asking for the remaining balance at check-out (the food only, since they already had approval for R/T) they asked for the whole amount again, duplicating the hold on the room and tax. I see that they are in a "pending mode", I hope once this transaction clears the extra money goes back to the account..... the restaurant... I will do another review there.... VERY BAD!!!!! fod average, accuracy in our orders terrible!

Room Tip: do not get room any closer to elevator, walls are very thin...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JustLes27
hibells, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and taking the time to post your comments. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and your comments concerning the restaurant will certainly be addressed. Thank you for your positive comments about Rachel.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Sincerly,
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I was in town for a short stay and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road after seeing other reviews for the hotel. Sandrina was working at the front desk when we arrived. I happened to speak to her on the telephone when I called before my trip. Over the phone, I told her my plans while I would be in town and when I checked into the hotel, she had already printed out directions for me. She was very nice and went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied during my entire stay. The lobby and rooms were very clean. The hotel was close to many attractions so were able to explore the city of Richmond during our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank S W
hibells, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate the positive review and will pass it on the rest of the staff.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I've stayed here twice now. Both times I was in the area for business. While the rooms appeared clean, there were always a couple of issues that needed to be dealt with. For starters, the hallways are filthy (ditto for the stairwells). I think I walked over the same sticky residue from a spilled soda in the stairwell for at least three days. The internet is so awful that I started going to McDonalds in the morning to use their internet. Seriously, don't count on it ever working! The towel rack was hanging precariously from the wall on only one screw and housekeeping missed my room twice. Don't even get me started on the room service screwups (I just ordered breakfast three mornings in a row and every single one was wrong in some way)!

That being said, the staff is very professional and polite. Anytime I brought up an issue, they would promptly start working on the solution (the towel rack was fixed by the time I got back that evening). For short stays, this is a great hotel. If you need to be here for longer business trips, look into the Hampton Inn across the street. The internet never seems to fail and is fast, plus they have a wonderderful free breakfast. I wanted to like this Holiday Inn, but I can't waste my time searching for amenities like wifi and breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sara B
hibells, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are glad your experience with our wonderful staff was good and your concerns were addressed in a timely fashion.

Please accept our sincere apologies for your experience with our room service and the internet. Please feel free to contact us to give us further details. Our goal is to have all of our guests have the best service and meals.

We would love for you to give us another chance.

Manalapan, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to stop and get a room last minute to sleep for the night as we continued our trip with our 7 month old baby. The hotel was great considering having a room available last minute and being extremely close to I-95. I also liked that the hotel was close to places that were open late to grab a quick bite to eat and also had a restaurant out front of the hotel but that was closed when we were there. The staff was very nice and put us on the first floor near the outside entrance to make it convenient for us because of the baby which was very nice. The room was a nice size and had a very large king size bed that was comfortable. But the downfall was we noticed a bug on the bed when our baby was laying on it and luckily it was only an ant but still had me a little grossed out and had me looking out for bugs. The bathroom was clean and had a great shower the only other thing that was bad about the room was the rug, it didn't appear to look dirty but when you walked on it it felt gross and my socks turned black and my husbands bare feet turned black from the rug. I feel if the room got the rugs cleaned it would be perfect especially for the price.

Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Stephy3026
hibells, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Your comments will be looked into.

We look toward to seeing you again in the future.

Warmest Regards,
MOBILE
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed at this property on Thurs,May 23rd 2013 in room 119. I had no issues with anybody or anything. Right off I-95, about 10 min south of downtown Richmond. The area seems a bit industrial. There is a Subway and McD's within walking distance, and the hotel has a very good restaurant/sports bar. My room was up to date, included a microwave and a fridge. Adequate parking. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank WorldwideTee
hibells, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again, soon.

Warmest Regards,