“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #40 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Over the past 3 years, our Fastpitch Softball Team has made this hotel our choice to stay while competing in the Richmond area. Mary Jo was extremely helpful in booking our group, ensuring our stay was pleasant and most important, following up with the team during the stay. The overall staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable, clean and always exceed our expectations. The location is great, just off of the interstate and close to the different parks that we play. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road a stop while in Richmond.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Holiday Inn R, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your family. We love having you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Room was very clean and air conditioner worked great. We were in town for two nights for a lacrosse tournament. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was a bit questionable as it was cloudy and you couldn't see the bottom. Also, breakfast was not that great. The eggs were pretty bad and even the bread wasn't that good. We went out for breakfast the second day rather than eat the food again. But, the room was great. Beds very comfortable and I really liked having both firm and soft pillows to choose from.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Holiday Inn R, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Always our pleasure to hear good things said about us.Our goal is to serve you with 100% excellence.We love having you

Prince Clement
Lisbon Falls, Maine
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had to stay here for two weeks for business. The hotel was very accommodating and friendly. Staff consistently greeted you in the lobby and hallway. Rooms are very clean comfortable beds and very willing to help you out at anytime.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate your kind words and look forward to hosting your future stays.Thank you

Prince Clement
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I stop here on my way from nyc to Florida around December. I have an English bulldog so I chose this hotel cause it was pet friendly. I was charged an extra 25$ for the dog which I think is fair. 2 months later on my way back to nyc the fee for the dog had changed to 75$ that is crazy within 2 months. The second time the service was arrogant except one guy on the from desk( sorry don't remember your name ) the rooms where filthy and I agree DONT EAT AT THE RESTAURANT.

• Stayed February 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Bolibol7,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback about your recent stay. We are sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the level of cleanliness and service received from our staff. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Charisse V.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here for one night-booked via Priceline and got a decent rate. We should have spent a little more money and stayed in downtown Richmond, though. The hotel is right off I-95 so that was very convenient, but there is not much else around as far as restaurants or entertainment. The vibe of this Holiday Inn was interesting, to say the least. I did not feel comfortable parking my car in the lot. I was initially given a smoking room and the stench of smoke was overpowering in this room (I was unaware of the smoking room at the time of check-in). The receptionist kindly gave me a non-smoking king room and this new room was fine. We had a nice view of the drained swimming pool with brown water/muck on the bottom. The A/C unit was loud, but that is really my only complaint about the room itself. Basic accommodations, free wifi, nice flat-screen TV, room seemed clean enough.

We decided to eat dinner in the attached sports bar/grill and immediately regretted this once we got our food. Our draft beer was stale/flat-exchanged it for bottled beer and that was fine. Both of our meals didn't taste right, including the french fries. I don't know if they are using rancid cooking oil, but something was definitely off. We should have eaten at the Subway across the street.

I'm glad I had to wake up early the next day because the alarm clock in the next room was going off for over 30 min and was very loud. The next time I go to Richmond, I will be staying in one of the hotels downtown. This Holiday Inn would be OK for a one night stay passing through. You have been warned about the restaurant.

Room Tip: There are smoking and non-smoking rooms to choose from
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MitziOC
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear MitziOC,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your thoughts regarding your recent experience with us. I am pleased that you liked the location of our hotel. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences. And on this occasion we apologize for the disappointment you had with our parking lot, the noise from the Air Conditioning unit has caused you, food and service you received from our Sports bar. Rest assured, your comments will be reviewed by the management of the hotel and will be used to target opportunity areas to avoid same incident in the future. We hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V.
Navarre, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

On a holiday road trip, we stayed here for sleep, arrived late exhausted, and off early. I learned a lesson. Turn on the lights and check the bed! I woke to find that I had slept in human waste. I took pictures and reported it. This Holiday Inn was the worst. That's the worst part, but overall the carpets had large stains, and the shower drain was gross and broken. I will never go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Suzanne C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Suzanne C,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to your response and be of further assistance.

Lera P
Port Arthur, Texas
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Had to lay over and went to this hotel as it came recommended.It is a very nice hotel with friendly staff that are very helpful.It has a restaurant within it and it was a decent priced restaurant.I would definitely stay here again.Room was clean and had everything I needed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dawnita B, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear BillyboyF,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. We are happy tha you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the positive comments about our hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you when you return to Richmond.

The Management Team