“Great hotel”

Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road
Ranked #43 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Only stayed for one night, but nice room. No complaints. It was nice to have a restaurant attached so we did not have to leave the hotel after driving for 12 hours from Florida. Would stay again if needed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn R, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Wow,we appreciate your kind words and I will let my team know.We love having you here

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great Hotel at a great location. Paid $64 on priceline. No complaints what so ever. Clean room and warm hospitality. Nice line up of cable channels. High speed internet. Mini fridge in the room. If in the area again i will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We are very honored to have met your expectations.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Over the past 3 years, our Fastpitch Softball Team has made this hotel our choice to stay while competing in the Richmond area. Mary Jo was extremely helpful in booking our group, ensuring our stay was pleasant and most important, following up with the team during the stay. The overall staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable, clean and always exceed our expectations. The location is great, just off of the interstate and close to the different parks that we play. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road a stop while in Richmond.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Holiday Inn R, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your family. We love having you.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Room was very clean and air conditioner worked great. We were in town for two nights for a lacrosse tournament. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was a bit questionable as it was cloudy and you couldn't see the bottom. Also, breakfast was not that great. The eggs were pretty bad and even the bread wasn't that good. We went out for breakfast the second day rather than eat the food again. But, the room was great. Beds very comfortable and I really liked having both firm and soft pillows to choose from.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Holiday Inn R, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Always our pleasure to hear good things said about us.Our goal is to serve you with 100% excellence.We love having you

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had to stay here for two weeks for business. The hotel was very accommodating and friendly. Staff consistently greeted you in the lobby and hallway. Rooms are very clean comfortable beds and very willing to help you out at anytime.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate your kind words and look forward to hosting your future stays.Thank you

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I stop here on my way from nyc to Florida around December. I have an English bulldog so I chose this hotel cause it was pet friendly. I was charged an extra 25$ for the dog which I think is fair. 2 months later on my way back to nyc the fee for the dog had changed to 75$ that is crazy within 2 months. The second time the service was arrogant except one guy on the from desk( sorry don't remember your name ) the rooms where filthy and I agree DONT EAT AT THE RESTAURANT.

• Stayed: February 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Bolibol7,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback about your recent stay. We are sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the level of cleanliness and service received from our staff. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here for one night-booked via Priceline and got a decent rate. We should have spent a little more money and stayed in downtown Richmond, though. The hotel is right off I-95 so that was very convenient, but there is not much else around as far as restaurants or entertainment. The vibe of this Holiday Inn was interesting, to say the least. I did not feel comfortable parking my car in the lot. I was initially given a smoking room and the stench of smoke was overpowering in this room (I was unaware of the smoking room at the time of check-in). The receptionist kindly gave me a non-smoking king room and this new room was fine. We had a nice view of the drained swimming pool with brown water/muck on the bottom. The A/C unit was loud, but that is really my only complaint about the room itself. Basic accommodations, free wifi, nice flat-screen TV, room seemed clean enough.

We decided to eat dinner in the attached sports bar/grill and immediately regretted this once we got our food. Our draft beer was stale/flat-exchanged it for bottled beer and that was fine. Both of our meals didn't taste right, including the french fries. I don't know if they are using rancid cooking oil, but something was definitely off. We should have eaten at the Subway across the street.

I'm glad I had to wake up early the next day because the alarm clock in the next room was going off for over 30 min and was very loud. The next time I go to Richmond, I will be staying in one of the hotels downtown. This Holiday Inn would be OK for a one night stay passing through. You have been warned about the restaurant.

Room Tip: There are smoking and non-smoking rooms to choose from
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MitziOC
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear MitziOC,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your thoughts regarding your recent experience with us. I am pleased that you liked the location of our hotel. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences. And on this occasion we apologize for the disappointment you had with our parking lot, the noise from the Air Conditioning unit has caused you, food and service you received from our Sports bar. Rest assured, your comments will be reviewed by the management of the hotel and will be used to target opportunity areas to avoid same incident in the future. We hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Kind Regards,