“Worst Holiday Inn Ever”

Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End
Ranked #46 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I am a Platinum Priority Club member so I stay about 90 days a year in Holiday Inn/Exprsses, Crowne Plazas, Intercontinentals. This is the worst Holiday Inn I have ever seen. I was upgraded to a suite, in which I was pleased. Although, the AC unit sounded like a jet taking off in my room. All the furniture had tears, I actually had better furniture in my frat house days. Also, none of the phones in the room worked and when you took a shower you felt like you were filling a bath, as I was done the water was past my ankles. The final shot---THE BED. This is the worst bed I have ever slept in, and I have stayed my share of nights in your budget hotels (i.e. Super 8's, Motel 6's). At one point my wife elected to spend the rest of the night on the pull out sofa. DO NOT STAY HERE FOR ANY REASON.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 April 2011

We had a very pleasant stay. I have to say that was the best restful sleep I have had in over 6 months. Nice and very friendly helpfull staff. My over 2 night stay was a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2011

My husband and I were traveling to Georgia with our 6 month old son. It was getting late so we checked our gps for local hotels. When Holiday Inn came up, we figured it would be decent since it was a Holiday Inn...Boy, were we ever WRONG!
First, we asked for a ground floor unit if it was avilable since we had alot of baby gear to take to the room. We were informed that there were none available. Ok, fine. We lug the baby, our luggage, and all of his gear up to the 6th floor to the room. The keys don't work! Back down to the lobby we go and are informed that maintenence had broken that door lock to that room earlier that day. Now the baby is fussing and hungry and it is late. We are sent to anoter room on the 8th floor. We were appauled at what we saw when we went in. The floors were not vacumed, the mirrors were dirty, and the bathroom was a NIGHTMARE! There was hair all over the floor (even a disposable shaver cap was left on the tub.) Not only had they not been swept, but not mopped either. There were dirty smears and sneaker prints all over it! I almost died when I saw what looked like several pubic hairs stuck to the bathroom door by something slimey looking!
I was so disgusted that I sent my husband down to the front desk to tell them what kind of condition the room was in. He comes back in carrying a broom and a dust pan!!!! He was informed that there was no one available from housekeeping and told to sweep it up so we could use the bathroom!!!! I was so upset that I went down myself. The first desk clerk that had given my husband the broom had already left. I told the new person on duty and he gave me TOWELS to put on the floor when I informed him that the room was so dirty that I could not even bathe my child. He said there was noone available to clean it and he gave us complimentry breakfast coupons (all the while I am wondering what kind of condition the kitchen where the food is prepared is in?)
I would never reccomend this hotel to anyone. It was a Nightmare!
One the way home from Georgia we stayed at a Best Western and it was spotless!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank disgusted2011
Reviewed 4 January 2011

We booked this hotel throught Travelocity as Top Secret Hotel so we had no say in what hotel we received. Our rate that was fifty percent less than directly through the hotel so it was a great value. The room was typical Holiday Inn style and looked like it had been renovated. It was very clean and we did not hear any noise in the hall or from other rooms. We were staying at a quiet time of year, however. The woman at the front desk was very professional and worked hard at getting us a quiet rooom. My only complaint was that the bed was too hard, Location is near, but not on, Broad Street. Rooms face either a busy road or strip mall parking lot. Yes, there is a bar but there were only a few people quietly having a drink so it did not effect my stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2010

We stayed here for one night on a weekend trip to Richmond. The hotel is clean, well located and comfortable. The rooms are very nice size. My only complaint is that the bathroom ventilator worked so hard it seemed like it was an air conditioning and we didn't want cold air or noise and couldn't turn it off. Since it was one night we closed the bathroom door and it didn't bother as anymore. If it had been more than one night probably would have contacted management to try and turn it off. Other than this minor issue we were comfortable here, slept very well and it included free parking although you have to take into account that it's not in a closed garage but a big parking lot that appears to be shared with the stores in the back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Corridors and lobby, NOT air conditioned, VERY hot! Bar area attracts undesirables on weekend nights, very loud and unruly. Outside full of litter, bottles, cigarette buts, etc. Room average at best and outdated. Very disappointed, especially with the Holiday Inn name on the place. The price was right and you definitely get what you pay for. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2010

First we had to go to the front desk to ask for DO NOT DISTURB signs. We put these on our door and the next morning we went to breakfast. When we came back before check out 10:45 am. The housekeeping people had been in our rooms. My brother rooms one bed had been stripped down and our room they took stuff out of. We still had our stuff in the room and the DO NOT DISTURB sign on door. Be VERY careful... There is no privacy at this hotel and they will invade your privacy even before check out time. I was soo upset about this invasion of privacy I just left after letting them know what happen. They did NOTHING!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Clarion Hotel Richmond Central
Courtyard Richmond West
Courtyard Richmond West
#22 of 82 in Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond
Best Western Executive Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End? Share your experiences!