“Nice for business”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cedar Bluff, Virginia
“Nice for business”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I usually pick IHG brand hotels when staying away on business simply to get my Priority Club points. The Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End was clean, professional and a good place to stay for what I needed. I guess my only complaint was the beds were very hard, which you usually don't find as often at other Holiday Inns. The room, restaurant, lobby area was very clean, even though you can tell it is a little older. The staff was extremely friendly and professional. I felt safe. The pool looked great, nice and clean and perfectly clear. The breakfast was delicious and stocked well. There are no restaurants or shopping centers directly by the hotel but just a street over and there are some great places to eat and shop.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
holinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us. We definitely appreciate your business. We are so glad that you were satisfied with your stay. We are always working hard to improve our hotel to meet the needs of our guests so that they will be most comfortable. In regards to our beds, I have relayed this message to our General Manager. Thank you for your input and we hope to see you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2012

the hotel is old and smells like it. all the rooms smelled BAD! I bought plug-ins and it didn't help. The last room I stayed in smelled like someone died...I finally found the source of the smell on the third day...it was the coffee pot!!! I was just glad I hadn't tried to make coffee!! Housekeeping must not have a sense of smell. Hotel staff and the fact that it was the closest one to work was the only thing good about this hotel!!! I will not stay there again!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
We would like to say thank you first for staying at our hotel property. We are very saddened in regards to the smell in your room. We have relayed this message to our General Manager and will work diligently with all departments to make sure we are going above and beyond to ensure that our guests are enjoying their stay which includes the comfort in their hotel room. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and hope you will stay with us in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I snagged a great deal on Hotwire for this hotel just 2 hours before checking in to spend the night on the way up to Philly to visit friends. This was the night of the horrible storms that hit the Richmond area -- and other places -- at the end of June, so I was really glad, after driving through a part of the storm and dodging fallen signs and trees, to find the hotel fully functional. The room was clean and overall comfortable. I was next to the elevator but did not hear any elevator noise. There was a bigger than usual gap at the bottom of the room door so sound did filter in if people were talking in the hall. Holiday Inn's "firm" and "soft" pillow assortment doesn't do it for me. The firm ones are rocks, and the "soft" ones just a bit less unyielding. I will admit to being fussy about pillows. The view from your window is going to be a parking lot -- the hotel is between a strip mall and I think an office building. Then again, probably you aren't coming here for the scenery. By the way, despite the hotel's name it is convenient to I-95 too.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Frank P
, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear Frank,

We appreciate the kind words, and are happy we were able to provide you with excellent service. We look forward to your return to us in the future.

Marvin
administrator@holidayinni64.com
804 521-5482
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Dirty sheets, dingy towels, filthy room, and the amount of noice from the church group REDICULOUS. Wish I would have known I was going t wake up to holy roller bible thumpers at 8a.m. I should have read the reviews first. I just Can't say much positive about the place. Seems the employees don't care and some are just clueless...
Honestly for the price we paid to stay at the hotel it is just sad.... We left and stayed elsewhere and. enjoyed the rest off our trip.

• Stayed June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Pebbles-n-BamBam67,

Thank you for posting a review of our property regarding your recent stay with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to the noise from our other guests. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences and your comments will certainly be looked into.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHG Care
Lecanto, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed here for one night as part of a school field trip in early June 2012. The place was filthy from entry all the way up to the room. The locks on the doors were falling off or loose. We several rooms that had very dirty and stained sheets. There was mold on the walls and ceiling. The wallpaper was peeling and the lights in the room had exposed wires that gave you a jolt when you turned it on. The desk chair was repaired with black electrical tape and there was a crack in our ceiling and in the wall. Out bathroom light was not working and the air conditioner had a heavy build up dust and ???. The only positive thing I can say about this place is that the staff tried to fix what they could and changed the sheets and got the light working in the bathroom very quickly. If I had not been on a trip and traveling with 50+ other guests I woudl have looked for another hotel. Avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my apologies for the unusual condition of your room. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these with the proper departments to improve the quality and service that we offer to our guests. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving our hotel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I was in Richmond for one night only and needed a place to crash. After trying several hotels and none of them living up to my standards I found this one on my phone. The customer service was awesome and made me feel right at home. Check in was a breeze. The toilet stopped up in my room but maintenance came within minutes to fix it. Ordered room service and it was really good. It took a little longer than I thought to get there but overall it was good. The beds were comfy, the bathroom was very stylish & I enjoyed my stay. Will definitely be staying here next time I'm in Richmond!

• Stayed May 2012
holinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property. We appreciate your business and appreciate that you had a great stay with us. Please come back and see us in the future.
Newnan, GA
Reviewed 2 June 2012

In town for the weekend to attend a wedding. We selected this property because of its location to all of the weekend's activities. What a gem! The hotel property is a bit dated but the rooms were clean and well taken care of. What the property lacks in fine furnishings it more than makes up for it with their customer service. I am a Platinum member with Holiday Inn and usually spend 3 or more nights a week in properties across the southeast. The service we received here is second to none. The folks working here should be the trainers for all of Holiday Inns. There is a lady names Lisa at the front desk that was an absolute delight. Every time she saw any of our party she asked if everything was OK and if we needed anything.

Like other reviewers we did not hear the church service until we came down for breakfast. I can say that the pastor was probably the loudest I have ever heard............

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
holinn, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Good Afternoon Dennis,

We would like to thank you for your review of our property and we are happy we were able to provide great service to you. We have shared your kind words with our Guest Agent Lisa, as we honored her for her service.

Once again thank you and we hope to be of service to you again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Courtyard Richmond West
Residence Inn Richmond West End
The Westin Richmond
The Westin Richmond
#3 of 81 in Richmond

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End? Share your experiences!