“I wouldn't stay here for free!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End
Ranked #40 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Hampshire
“I wouldn't stay here for free!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

This place is disgusting. Dirty, filthy, run down. My room smelled like it had been sprayed with bug killer (and probably had). Soap dish had black scum on it (see photo). Wallpaper peeling off the wall (see photo. No remote for the TV. Something I've never seen...the insulating glass in the window had water in it! (see photo). I reserved a room for $85 and when I checked in they tried to charge me $125. when I checked out, I was charged twice! I could go on and on, but won't bother. If you decide to stay here, you deserve what you get.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank HotelsPro
holinn, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Dear Mr Hotelpro

I would like to first on behalf of the Holiday Inn I64 Westend thank you for the opportunity to be of service to you. I do apologize that our service fell short of our standards and your satisfaction. Through human error, you were given access to a room that should have been off market, As you clearly noticed. I can't apologize enough for our error and would love to communicate more with you on this issue in a more direct manner. Please contact us.

Robert Peters GM
rpeters@holidayinni64.com
(804) 359 - 6061

Marvin Hymes Sales Manager (myself)
administrator@holidayinni64.com
(804) 521 - 5482

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Daleville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

Walked in to a lobby full of drunks. Not a great first impression. Front desk lady was very nice, rooms were nice and clean...wasn't impressed with the AC unit being old school, but everything elsed seemed to be updated, in the room. Elevators were very dated and slow.

Do NOT fall for the breakfast scheme...they're $11.95 buffet is what you get for free at a lot of places. Also, the "waitress" didn't tell this one group until after they got their plates and started eating that it was not free and it was $11.95. We were thankful that we asked about it when we checked in and got some "deal" that our family of 3 could eat the deluxe breakfast for a total of $16 instead of $12 each...we would have been happier eating at McDonalds.

Overall, it worked for us, for one night. We would not recommend it and would not stay here again,

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
holinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
First of all, I would like to say that we appreciate your business and for staynig with us. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We are steadily striving to improve our hotel property and make it more pleasing to our guests so that they may have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We certainly appreciate you responding and letting us know the areas we need to improve.
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

The only good point about this hotel is that there are a number of fairly good eating places nearby. The hotel is way outdated. Needs to be renovated. Rooms, carpets, and fixtures are old and worn out. Rooms do not have thermostats and the AC blasts out hard right next to where you are sleeping. Typical of 1970s Holiday Inns that have not kept up. Even at breakfast, the cereal bowls were not 100% clean as they still had food particles attached. Not awful, but stay somewhere else if choices priced the same.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
holinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
First and foremost, thank you for staying at our hotel property. We appreciate your business, but are saddened that we did not meet your expectations. While we are continuing to improve our hotel property and provide excellent service to our guest, we appreciate you letting us know our weak areas and where we still lack in hospitality for our guests. Again, we do apologize for those inconveniences you have experienced.

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

Pros:great breakfast, comfortable beds/pillows, friendly staff, non-smoking rooms.

Cons:Filthy public bathroom, not enough counter space in the guest bathroom, horrible location for a hotel, and dingy carpet in public areas.

Overall:My family and I did not had a enjoyable time at this hotel. We're stayed at few Holiday Inn in the past and this is by far the worst holiday Inn we've stayed in. I was very disappointed because other Holiday Inn have stayed in we were very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JustSomeJoe
holinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business at our hotel property. We are saddened that our hotel did not meet your expectations during your hotel stay. We always strive to make our guest comfortable and that they enjoy their stay. We certainly apologize for failing to meet your needs. Please feel free to call us directly so that we can better improve our customer service in the future.
Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We weren't expecting much of this hotel considering an holiday inn but our room was big, very clean, the bathroom seemed newly restored. The breakfast was good. And it is near restaurants and a few minutes by car near a lot of stores and a very good mall - Short Pump mall.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank fsgc
holinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Thank you for staying at our hotel property. We appreciate your business. We strive to make sure all of our guests are enjoying their stay and are comfortable. Please definitely come back and see us.
Clifton, VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Reception seemed indifferent to our arrival as there was no greeting like Hello, welcome to the Holiday Inn, how can I help you...Instead, I think we got a "what's up".
Elevator was worn and dirty looking.
Room smelled musty.
There was trash in the hallway near to the elevator, 3rd floor including empty beer bottles and boxes.
No newspaper - fine print on the check in form said that I could deduct .75 if I chose not to receive USA Today in the morning.
Bed and bathroom were clean. Ceiling light out in bathroom making it fairly dim. Water faucet made loud noise when on cold water side.
No breakfast included. Should have been for the price.

Room Tip: Would not recommend this hotel as you can probably get a better room for the same price. If you do s...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank karkmark
holinn, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Good Afternoon,

First let me apologize for my associates greeting to you, that is not or practice, we believe in a personal, yet professional greeting to all of our guest. We would like to further discuss the details of your stay, in an effort to grow in some areas that we are weak and don't know. It is guest like yourself that speak out that allows us to fine tune our service efforts. I have included contact info to myself as well as my GM for further correspondence

Marvin Sales Manager
administrator@holidayinni64.com

Robert Peters GM
rpeters@holidayinni64.com
Cedar Bluff, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

I usually pick IHG brand hotels when staying away on business simply to get my Priority Club points. The Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End was clean, professional and a good place to stay for what I needed. I guess my only complaint was the beds were very hard, which you usually don't find as often at other Holiday Inns. The room, restaurant, lobby area was very clean, even though you can tell it is a little older. The staff was extremely friendly and professional. I felt safe. The pool looked great, nice and clean and perfectly clear. The breakfast was delicious and stocked well. There are no restaurants or shopping centers directly by the hotel but just a street over and there are some great places to eat and shop.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for staying with us. We definitely appreciate your business. We are so glad that you were satisfied with your stay. We are always working hard to improve our hotel to meet the needs of our guests so that they will be most comfortable. In regards to our beds, I have relayed this message to our General Manager. Thank you for your input and we hope to see you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Courtyard Richmond West
Courtyard Richmond West
#23 of 81 in Richmond
Clarion Hotel Richmond Central
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Residence Inn Richmond West End
Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End? Share your experiences!