“Cramped room, not to holiday inn standards” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End

Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End
Ranked #40 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Cramped room, not to holiday inn standards”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I am an ihg member and find this one not nearly up to brand standards. I felt safe but room was only passably clean and I am not sure that the linens were changed- I am so hoping that's not the case but they don't look so great. Sink doesn't drain. It was a decent price and not too far from downtown but I will probably not choose this hotel first again. Staff was ok but not overly friendly.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank lab12345
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear lab12345,

Thank you for being an IHG Club Rewards member and for writing us a review. We would like to apologize you were not well satisfied with the room you had and for any inconvenience you may have experienced that did not live up to your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel I thought was easy to find and close to downtown Richmond. Parking was free and ample and the lot was well lit. I walked in and was greeted with a smile. Check in was smooth and fast. My room was comfortable, clean and I was happy. I was close to my two favorite places - Starbucks and Panera Bread. Lots of shopping in the area for a couple things that I needed. The staff I encountered were friendly. Overall I felt the property was clean and as expected. Internet worked well. The television worked well. Air conditioner perfect. Bed was comfy. Bathroom clean and plenty of thick towels. Thank you for a great stay! I enjoyed my visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank WorryFreePhilly
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

First things first: the neighborhood is very industrial. Almost "sketchy". Not ideal surroundings. The hotel itself is adequate at best. It appears that they're doing renovations...guess they didn't get to my room just yet. Breakfast in the restaurant was "meh"...for a freshly made omlette, it should have tasted better. Tiny, tiny bathroom with ridiculously large sink; no place to put anything down! Poor wi-fi. All in all, I'd strongly suggest finding another place, in a neighborhood you've properly investigated (that's my own fault!).

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere?
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Mike S,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Shelton, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had a great business stay. I generally nevery Tay t a Holiday Inn but was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly and personable. They were very helpful especially the front desk staff. Room was comfortable, clean and well maintain. Upon checking decided to stay and have the breakfast, which was a winner!! Enjoyed everything on the breakfast bar and the older gentleman serving my table was very hospitable. Overall I would return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Lexington, South Carolina, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Staff was quite friendly at desk and restaurant. Room appeared to be newly remodeled, with USB and power sources in 2 places, and was clean each day. Bed was decent. Safe location considering the surrounding area. Price was good. Had no issues to complain about. I spend 180 nights a year in hotels and was quite satisfied. Don't believe everything you read, some folks will complain no matter what. Its a nice hotel!

• Stayed June 2014
Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The front desk typically sets the tone of the property so I should have turned around and found another hotel after such a cold impersonal check in. I took a chance because I was exhausted. As I type this I'm sitting at the bar/restaurant waiting for the cook to make his grand 30 minute late arrival. He's a no show so far so I can't order a much needed meal. There's no sundry at this hotel so a snack is out of the question.
The room wasn't very clean as there were evaporation stains in front of the toilet. Nasty!
Shelby at the bar is the one bright spot on an otherwise bleak stay. I'm regretting leaving Candlewood to be closer to my event.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear TravelBlog S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is unfortunate that your experience at check in and at the restaurant did not make for an exemplary hotel stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for these shortcomings. As for the cleanliness of the bathroom, we have forwarded your concerns with the staff to ensure this type of situation does not reoccur. As a valued guest, we give great importance to all comments as this helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on.

We hope you would consider us again on your next travel so we can provide a completely positive experience.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

The facility is run down, but maintained. The staff was friendly and attentive. The food at the restaurant was average at best while the staff was excellent and friendly. The room was worn. The sink was clogged. The television didn't work, at times: "no signal." The location was urban, but safe. The value was great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Robert H,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am pleased to know that you found the level of staff service highly commendable and our hotel of good value.

I am sorry some aspects of our hotel and room amenities fell below your expectations. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Best Regards,

John O
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Courtyard Richmond West
Courtyard Richmond West
#23 of 81 in Richmond
Clarion Hotel Richmond Central
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Residence Inn Richmond West End
Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End? Share your experiences!