“Great staff - no maintenance”

Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End
Ranked #41 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great staff - no maintenance”
Reviewed 9 April 2006

A GENEROUS two stars because of the staff who are genuinely friendly, professional and courteous.
The hotel food is passable and the pricing... rediculously high. It makes me wonder why the tiny bar/restaurant was PACKED every night? Why?
The room on the sixth floor had (probably still has) mold growing on the ceiling, peeling wallpaper, dirty carpet, hastily hand-stitched bedcovers (coming apart), my first night found sheets which were stained, no plug for the bathroom sink (don't even think about putting anything in the bathroom small enough to accidentally go in the sink... it would be gone), and don't even get me started about the iron which actually was a cleverly disguised tepid temperature drip watering system.
The one-cup coffeemaker had parts broken off but worked so that was nice. However, you had to get on your hands and knees to unplug the coffeemaker to plug in the microwave. Can you say "powerstrip"?
If I were and employee at this Holiday Inn I could only say "I just work here" and not be embarrassed.
Alas, the days of going to a Holiday Inn and being assured of quality are gone.
My heartfelt thanks to the wonderful staff who saved what could have been a real nightmare of a stay.

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 24 September 2005

Simple. The service from the staff at this hotel is five stars. They treat you like a person and not just another customer. I stay here all the time

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank rpeters69
USA
Reviewed 5 September 2004

The Crossroads Holiday Inn located on Staples Mill Rd. is in desperate need of a renovation. I didn't stay there after looking at the lobby and the room. Location was also seedy- one block from Broad St in a rundown area. I would feel unsafe staying there and walking from the parking lot into the hotel after dark. The other Holiday Inn up the street was much nicer and safer feeling.

5 Thank Elmera

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Reviewed 26 January 2004

What a great place! The staff was accommodating and went out of their way to assist me with directions and a shuttle to the Amtrak station.
The hotel has a bit of the 70's feel with their lobby. The service and food in their restaurant was very good and the rooms were meticulously clean. Apparently this hotel is quite old, but with renovation and with good staffing, they make it worth your money(which is affordable). I recomend this facility for any traveler. I have stayed in Richmond quite a few times, this will now be my permanent stop.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 August 2003

I recently held a meeting at the Holiday Inn Crossroads. It was very nice. The staff was so accommodating with our needs. The catering manager took care of everything and made sure that I had all of my details in order. I also had out of town guests come in, they also commented on the service they received and on the cleanliness of the room. I will be sure to use them again in the future.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Residence Inn Richmond West End
The Westin Richmond
The Westin Richmond
#3 of 81 in Richmond

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End? Share your experiences!