“Worse stay of my life”

Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End
Ranked #46 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 February 2010

I stayed there with friends travelling on work. Checking in was great & the rooms looked nice. The sheets, blanket & pillows were all scratchy, so were towels. The sink looked nice other than a crack down the center but the design was flawed cause the water shot right out the front of the bowl on to me. There was also no counter space cause of the sink design. The locks on the door dont work very well & there was no do not disturb sign for the door. Before 9am housekeeping walked right into the room & rudely asked us when we were leaving so they could clean..... not once but 3x. At check out I made my complaints to the front desk who made a note of it cause they couldnt find the head of housekeeping. When I got home I checked my bank account & found that they double charged my card. It took til tonight & 10 phonecalls for it to be fixed.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank richmondcowgirl

Reviewed 15 January 2010

Pretty standard Holiday Inn. They have a bar that has 4 beers on tap, one of them being Magic Hat, and a limited alcohol selection. The restaurant food smelled good, but I never tried it. The reception staff were nice, room was average. A typical stay at a Holiday Inn, but a little pricey at about 125$/night. Non smoking hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2009

Just returned from trip to Richmond. I chose this hotel because of the location and the great price ($68). Overall, it was fine for these reasons. However, I was not impressed. The dining room is small, lacks any atmosphere and tables were not kept clean. Breakfast was mediocre, food not replenished, stale bread, poor quality. I'd recommend eating elsewhere. Fortunately, there are many options very close by. The rooms were obviously renovated. However, I was on the top (8th) floor and noticed two huge spots were there had been water damage covered up. Drapes were dingy and worn. Furniture nice, comfortable bed, bathroom sink was new, but tub and toilet were not. Also, the lighting was very dark. Rooms definitely not sound proof - could clearly hear people talking and coughing in next room and doors slamming open/shut all around. Service was acceptable, but nothing special. Parking is plentiful, but I wondered about security as the hotel shares a lot with a half empty, older shopping center.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2009

All of the hotel staff was unfailingly pleasant. I was in charge of a weekend conference and everything was taken care of very well. If I needed something, it was done, and done quickly and graciously.

The food was quite good. Service for our banquet was a little slow, but the wait staff was courteous and had a pleasant manner.

The breakfast buffet was delicious and a good value.

The entire hotel was very clean.

The rooms are a little small, but well maintained and spotless.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2009

This hotel is wonderful. The lobby is modern. The rooms are nicer than most marriott rooms. Best service I have ever had. A wonderful holiday inn

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 26 July 2009

I was goingto stay here from an overnight in richmond. I was already skeptical when I arrived at the hotel and noticed that the grounds and surrounding area was not in the best of shape. The pool was squeezed on the fron side of the hotel and enclosed in a raggedy white picket fence a couple of feet from the highway! I was thinking ths is not good but i went inside thinking it would get better, after all it was newly renovated....When I arrived to the room...it was small. I instantly noticed the updated furniture which was nice but I looked up and the ceiling was coming down! Also my mother pointed out the brown waterspots in the corner of the ceiling! I went downstirs and notified the front desk and she gave me another room. THis room was alread occupied and it wasntly that much better. I went downstairs and asked for my money back becauseI just wasnt comfortable. I read the other reviews before me and wonder if we are talking about the same hotel. You just cant patch up some old things and this hotel proves just that.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2009

I give this hotel 5* for the price and also for the very nice staff (front desk, restaurant and cleaning ladies were all supe friendly!)
The location is convenient -almost on the corner of Broad Street-, but this hotel is not in a picturesque part of town. My room had a view of Staples Mill Rd and my friend's room looked out onto an air conditionner. Accross the parking lot is a generic small strip mall. However, we both found our rooms to be very quiet. They were tastefullly redone. Nice bathroom design, pretty bed linens (no yucky old polyester bedspread.) Very clean. Breakfast is 5$ for the cold, "continental", version and $10 if you add eggs and bacon etc. It's nothing special but it is plentiful and the waitress was very welcoming. I would definitely recommend this place if you are on a budget but want a hotel that looks a little trendy and feels welcoming. My room was 90$ plus tax per night for 2 very comfy Queen-sized beds (good pillows too!). I felt safe there as a woman alone in my room. We were in Richmond for the VCU French FIlm Festival. It was a short 10 minutes drive to the Byrd Theater from this hotel.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End? Share your experiences!