Clarion Hotel Richmond Central
    • Bar/Lounge
    The Jefferson Hotel(Richmond)
    Great 4.5/5
    Average 3/5
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 15 June 2012

The Clarion on North Blvd. was clean. The staff wasn't real friendly but our stay was comfortable. Our room was clean, and seemed to be renovated in the last couple of years. When we travel we don't spend much time at the hotel so we didn't use any of the facilities.(swimming pool, exercise equipment, etc.). We were on the second floor and didn't use the elevator. The breakfast had fruit, bagels, bread and muffins. Not much to chose from but the price of our night stay was very reasonable. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed Wednesday through Friday so there weren't many people staying there. We were on the 2nd floor facing the pool, it was very quiet.
    • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
    2  Thank cynl57
    Reviewed 28 May 2012

We traveled for a sporting tournament with teens and the hotel sufficed for that purpose. Generally clean but not sparkling or odor free ... Generally quiet despite being so close to the highway ... Easy access to the highway is its major plus and reasonable rates, as well as bordering on a beautiful residential neiborhood for early morning run or walk. For anyone spending time at the hotel other than showering or sleeping, you may want to keep looking.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
    2  Thank Vince V
    Reviewed 20 May 2012

Elevator and hallways had an unpleasant smell -- chemical disinfectant I think. Room was ok except I made the mistake of leaving a package of sugar free cookies, which I had opened, on the desk for several hours and when I got back they were covered with hundreds of ants! Restaurant drinks were way high prices and free continental breakfast was very skimpy. Definitely not for anyone physically challenged because getting from the lobby to the building that housed our room entailed lots of walking (with steps). There are no rooms in the lobby building. Parking was also a long way from our building. There must be better places in Richmond for about the same price.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
    3  Thank Imagecatcher
    Reviewed 8 May 2012

The Clarion was adequate, clean, and a good location. I expected a little nicer for what I was paying, however. Was worried about traffic noise with my room only 50 yards from the interstate highway, but had no problem. The free continental breakfast was nothing to write home about. I have stayed at many similar and a few nicer hotels for less. Might consider staying at the Scottish Inn when I go back.

Room Tip: Light sleepers need to verify their rooms are not next to I-95.
    • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
    1  Thank Nighthawkjw
    Reviewed 27 February 2012

The staff were very attentive our needs. Walk out parking was a big plus. Microwave and refrigerator were a add-on at a very low price. Centrally located to the downtown area. My wife and I really enjoyed ourselves. Highly recommend this hotel. My thanks to the staff for an uneventful stay at the Clarion!!! Signed GES. 022712

• Stayed: February 2012
    4  Thank simetoge
    Clarion H, Manager at Clarion Hotel Richmond Central, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to know that your stay was great. The Hotel is right off I95 and close to all major attractions in Richmond. We also offer free shuttle to airport, train station and bus station. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you again.