“Great Downtown Area Hotel”

Clarion Hotel Richmond Central
Ranked #65 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Ohio, Illinois
“Great Downtown Area Hotel”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I go to Richmond once every 3-4 months for events at VCU. I have always preferred to stay at this Hotel. The price is worth for how quick I get around anywhere in Downtown especially to VCU. I have stayed here 4 times now and the service has always been great. There is a new mexican restaurant opened inside the hotel which was also good. The food was authentic like and atmosphere is welcoming. This place is always striving to get better.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

My Family And I Stayed Here Nov 9-10. They are cutting trees and branches and the power saw noise is unbearable! The room smelled, The Bathroom is very small. The onsite restaurant is under renovation. So, no breakfast lunch or dinner or room service! It's not worth staying for the price. Please don't stay here. Just go to a hotel that's not being renovated.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I spent the weekend at this hotel for a wedding, otherwise would have looked elsewhere. It was not too expensive, but for what my friends and I experienced I think it was over priced. The service was not good, we were unaware that construction was going on and the restaurant was closed. Upon arrival we had to wait nearly ten minutes for someone to come to the desk to help us. When we checked out, the staff member attempted to charge me for the rooms I had previously paid for. One room had stains on the sheets and dents on the the refrigerator. We found a bug INSIDE of the fridge in that same room. The website advertised modern TVs, while the rooms had older televisions so we were unable to watch movies as planned. Overall, I am not picky of hotel rooms but this was a huge disappointment. I would not recommend this hotel not would I return to it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LuckyBay
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a youth group convention, and I thought the price was well worth it. The hotel is currently undergoing renovation, which caused bit of disturbance. The staff was very friendly. I called the front desk to complain about the renovation's noise, and they immediately changed my room. The new room located in the C wing was in good condition with a new flat screen T.V. and carpet. The room was fresh and clean, but the room didn't have a microwave. Overall my stay was great, I'd love to come back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
New York
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I am from Richmond but now live out of town but travel to Richmond frequently. The hotel is well located for Interstate travel as it is located right at the intersection of I 95 and I 64. The rooms are very nicely appointed, the staff very pleasant, and the price was outstanding. The neighborhood itself is not great, but the hotel is well worth the stop.

Room Tip: Stay in the "C Wing"
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Makers47
Wakefield, Rhode Island
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Hotel is not in the best area and the front desk person put us in a room close to the area that was being renovated. Our mini fridge made noises all night, the room smelled like stale smoke even though it was considered non-smoking and the bathroom door didn't close at all. The door to the room did not fit properly so there was a huge gap at the top of the door so you heard every bit of noise from the outside. When I checked out I just wanted the front desk person to ask how the room was. She didn't at all. Oh forgot, the TV reception was very poor and had a green wide band that went through the top half of the TV. We had to keep shutting off the TV and trying to fix the reception. I never give poor review of hotels - but this needed to be done.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Happy487
New Jersey
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We checked in and checked out in 20 mins. It was very late and my sister and I was traveling and getting tired I looked up this hotel and the reviews were average so we decided to go there. They had no elevator stairs only the room was dirty looking and carpet was moist and filthy smell like mildew. My sister looked up and there was a roach on the wall, needless to say we were out.

• Stayed October 2013