“Works for me”

Ranked #70 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
New York
“Works for me”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stopover for the night (2) rooms via Priceline for $51 bucks a night. Rooms were actually quite big and clean. Old decor and amenities but the staff made up for the average furnishings. Small issues with shower draining but all minor for a single night to crash. Convenient to food and stores and less than 1/4 mile from I-95 ramps.....Only bad thing was the crummy "free" breakfast which really needs to be updated when compared to other placed in the same price range.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
eric p, Manager at Quality Inn North, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, our decor is dated, but I do express to my staff that we must compensate with our service. I demand nothing less from our staff than to go over and beyond to please our guests. We have made some small leaps with breakfast. When I first started, we only had wheat toast, small muffins, cereal, juice and coffee. We now have bagels, muffins, white & wheat bread, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereal, various flavored tea, waffles, and coffee. It is a work in progress ... CHANGE IS COMING!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Augusta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I found this establishment through hotwire.com and trust me it was a great deal. I was pleased from the beginning to the end of my stay. I was only expecting to stay a few nights but ended up staying 8 nights. The clerks were nice and knowledgeable in answering questions about the area and directions. The bed was like home and the fridge/mic was included. The location is great with a dinner connected. Walmart is right behind this place, gas station in the lot next to the dinner, and starbucks behind the gas station. What! I mean everyhong is right there with this hotel. I loved it! Basically its one stop and everything is in that block...location..location..location..I felt safe, had a great stay, and recommend this place.

Room Tip: I would say request rooms at any hotel close to the front desk. This way your closer the front. And...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Although the hotel is a bit outdated in decor, etc, I enjoyed some excellent sleep in my room...much needed after a long week. I am happy that I took a chance and visited this hotel, despite the previous reviews. I'd be happy to return.

• Stayed January 2013
Buena Park, California, United States
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at Clarion Inn North. Our room was very clean and the hotel front desk clerk offered great customer service. We had extra pillows and the bed was very comfortable. Same with the towels and the overall cleanliness of the room was exceptional. It was also very quiet which allowed us to rest. The location was very convenient to us.
The next time we are in town this is where we will stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I got this through the expedia unpublished hotel rate. I was a little skeptical given the low rate and my fears were not unwarranted. The room was ice cold with the heat barely working. The wallpaper was torn and the carpet was dirty. Entire decor was dated with a tv from 2002 (no joke.) Hair on the bathroom floor and in the tub. Thank god I got their at midnight and left at 7:00 AM. They offer a free continental breakfast which was pathetic. I tried the coffee but had to throw it out. There is also a diner attached to the hotel. If you have a choice do not choose this property. Expedia should also be ashamed of itself billing this as a three star hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My partner and I came here for an overnight stay in between driving home from christmas vacation. We had some problems at check in. Had to go back 2 times to get a new room because the first 2 were never cleaned from the previous guests. Was a bit annoying since we were road lagged and wanted to get in a clean room and unwind. The room we got SEEMED clean....stains in places, but otherwise suitable for an overnight stay. It could use a deep clean but for the price we paid (43 bucks including tax) we could deal with it for the night.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tennboy1981
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my 2 night stay with my little ones. The place was clean and and well kept. Housekeeping came by a couple of times during our stay to check if anything was needed. I felt comfortable and safe. A place I wouldn't mind coming back to.

• Stayed December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Clarion Hotel Richmond Central
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond
Speco Hotels Richmond
Speco Hotels Richmond
#51 of 82 in Richmond

Been to Quality Inn North? Share your experiences!