Quality Inn North
US$196
US$166
Doubletree.com
US$123
All reviewsovernight stopmyrtle beachbed was comfortableone night stayfifl
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We were first placed on the ground floor and walked in to find two dead grasshoppers on the ground so we asked to be moved. Unforunately, the avaialble non smoking rooms above ground level hadn't been cleaned and we ended up in a smoking room. The room smelled awful, of course, but since it was a smoking room
I understand. What I do not understand is how a room that had been cleaned that very day had bottles, a lighter and other garbage under the bed. I was absolutley disgusted and I wish we could have left to find a better place to stay, but we were very tired and so we stayed. I was on edge the whole night and barely slept. We paid $70 for a room that should have cost $10.00.
I will never visit again!

• Stayed: April 2013
eric p, Manager at Quality Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

I apologize for cleanliness. When I go to a hotel, I want it cleaned better than my own home, so I understand your disgust. I have since then trained a person to complete room inspections to MY standards, which I believe our guests will appreciate. I have also reinforced to our housekeepers the importance of FIRST IMPRESSIONS and the value of their jobs. First impressions can be a last impressions. Once again, my apologies and CHANGE IS COMING!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stopover for the night (2) rooms via Priceline for $51 bucks a night. Rooms were actually quite big and clean. Old decor and amenities but the staff made up for the average furnishings. Small issues with shower draining but all minor for a single night to crash. Convenient to food and stores and less than 1/4 mile from I-95 ramps.....Only bad thing was the crummy "free" breakfast which really needs to be updated when compared to other placed in the same price range.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, our decor is dated, but I do express to my staff that we must compensate with our service. I demand nothing less from our staff than to go over and beyond to please our guests. We have made some small leaps with breakfast. When I first started, we only had wheat toast, small muffins, cereal, juice and coffee. We now have bagels, muffins, white & wheat bread, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereal, various flavored tea, waffles, and coffee. It is a work in progress ... CHANGE IS COMING!

Reviewed 29 January 2013

I found this establishment through hotwire.com and trust me it was a great deal. I was pleased from the beginning to the end of my stay. I was only expecting to stay a few nights but ended up staying 8 nights. The clerks were nice and knowledgeable in answering questions about the area and directions. The bed was like home and the fridge/mic was included. The location is great with a dinner connected. Walmart is right behind this place, gas station in the lot next to the dinner, and starbucks behind the gas station. What! I mean everyhong is right there with this hotel. I loved it! Basically its one stop and everything is in that block...location..location..location..I felt safe, had a great stay, and recommend this place.

Room Tip: I would say request rooms at any hotel close to the front desk. This way your closer the front. And you can get to the breakfast quickly...lol
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Although the hotel is a bit outdated in decor, etc, I enjoyed some excellent sleep in my room...much needed after a long week. I am happy that I took a chance and visited this hotel, despite the previous reviews. I'd be happy to return.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at Clarion Inn North. Our room was very clean and the hotel front desk clerk offered great customer service. We had extra pillows and the bed was very comfortable. Same with the towels and the overall cleanliness of the room was exceptional. It was also very quiet which allowed us to rest. The location was very convenient to us.
The next time we are in town this is where we will stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family