“Please just go across the parking lot and stay there”

Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
Ranked #51 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The outside looks nice but the inside is filthy, noisey, and you will not have a good night sleep. I had to buy supplies to clean the filthy bathroom, the toilet was as loud as the air condition unit, they do not give extra wash clothes or towels, their is no housekeeping unless your staying for a week, the laundry room machines took my money twice and the staff would not reimburse us or give us change. The bed was so uncomfortable, sheets had old stains I used my own, the iron was dirty it left a horrible stain on my white pants. The only thing that was satisfying was the checking in and out process.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and stay next door
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the value of my hotel, but I am sorry about the issues found during your stay. I will continue to educate the staff on the importance of hotel presentation, clean rooms with clean linen and overall customer service. Thank you again for your review.

I would like the opportunity to fix the situation. Please feel free to contact me at tjames@extendedstay.com so we can discuss this matter a little further. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

All of the staff here were awesome; they're sincere about what they do, and they're genuinely nice people!

The bed was clean, the room was clean, even the dishes were clean. I didn't expect as much as I got for as inexpensive as it was! Full fridge and two burners help make the stay homier and less expensive. All the hot water and great water pressure you could want, and the shower is clean. We've stayed here a few times in a few different rooms and we've never had a bad experience!

The hotel is right near a few different within walking distance delicious restaurants, easy access to 64

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the value of our hotel. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We booked this motel based on positive reviews and a professional looking website but were disappointed when we arrived.

The signage into the motel wasn't great and ended up going to the hotel just across the parking lot of the motel.

Checking in was easy enough and the receptionist was very friendly and polite.

We opened the door to the room and were greeted with very basic accommodation. The bathroom although big, was very basic and the lighting not great. This meant showering in the dim light.

We used the laundry facilities to launder out clothes which was a welcome bonus and I'm glad the door locked behind us as neither of us felt very safe. The motel looked like a prison block or some government funded housing in a bad neighborhood of town.

We had room 100 which was on the 1st floor at the end just by the stair well. The people in the room above us had no concept of manors or time and thumped and banged around on the floor until 4am. This meant we both had a very poor nights sleep. They were also talking very loudly which could be heard through what seemed like paper thin walls, and kept running up and down the stairs.

The outside of the motel had sufficient parking and we luckily parked as close to our room as possible for a quick get away in the morning.

On our mini road trip we stayed at much better and cheaper facilities. We felt let down by Extended Stay America and because of this will not be using them again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My daughter was displaced by fire and needed a temporary place for several weeks/months. This hotel has been perfect for her. First, it is in a very nice, safe location, which was very important to me. Secondly, the staff, from the manager Steve Ayers, to each employee she or I have since come in contact with are very friendly, helpful and seem truly interested in doing a great job. When I am there, I always see staff maintaining the grounds. The room itself is great. It has everything she needs. It is clean. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone from overnight to extended stay. Thank you so much for everything.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2013

In my honest opinion , I really enjoyed my 12 days stay, the room was excellent the bed so so comfortable did not get out of bed till 9.30 am so the bed was good, the kitchenette was handy for when I did not want to go out to dinner as well as the bathroom was good, I would like to make a suggestion to the management , could you be able to buy a set of scales so travellers can weight their suitcases before they leave for the airport, as it would be nice to know beforehand what the baggage weighs so we can leave stuff behind instead of doing it at the airport this Aussie lady will be back

Aussie Rhonda

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Room came with full fridge, microwave, stove top, sink, flat screen TV, free WiFi, recliner chair, table, regular chair, queen size bed, and new mattress. Room was very clean and the hotel was located in a safe neighbor.hood. With tax it only costs about $65 for one night. The hotel office is open from 7 AM to 11 PM.

Room Tip: Heard very little noise from my second floor room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank shenhiker10
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I was there for 12 days. Had a very comfortable experience. Had to stay while work was being done on my house. The room door face a breezeway, so it was easy access in and out. The utensils, plates, glasses were clean. The staff was friendly, professional and courteous. I highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum
4 mi away
Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South

Address: 6811 Paragon Pl, Richmond, VA 23230-1648
Region: United States > Virginia > Richmond
Ranked #51 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Price Range: £48 - £68 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.