Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
Ranked #58 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The 'non-smoking' room reeked of smoke. The tissue box had exactly one tissue. No toiletries. And, the breakfast was a joke. Expected continental, not hot, but still; there was no cereal, no bagels, no doughnuts, no juice. There were 4 packaged bars and some plastic-wrapped muffins. There were oatmeal packets but no hot water. Other nearby hotels do a much better job at a lower cost.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2014

First of all, there were shady people in the parking lot that seemed to be making a drug deal. (My opinion.) The carpet was so filthy that I wore shoes at all times that my feet touched the floor. I don't think it had been vacuumed either, there were food crumbs all over. The frying pan was so disgusting that I wondered if it had been cleaned. I had to go buy cleaning products in order to stay there. The toaster was covered with crumbs. Not inside....on top! I just did not use it.The shower curtain was too short so the floor would puddle up. Will NOT stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't even stay here!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LaurieC271
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room during your stay. Please know, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. In response to your feedback regarding other guests, I will meet with our entire staff to review our guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to add any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, rwb@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The staff at this hotel (Sabrina, Annette, and several others who names I am not sure of) go out of their way to accommodate our request. In fact I asked if we could get the carpet shampooed because all the recent bad weather and with 24 hours Frank and Jeff were knocking at the door with the equipment and took care of my request in a timely and most professional manner. I recommend this hotel to business travels as well as families.

Awesome customer service. I hope their parent company / owners read this properties reviews because they deserve congrats for a job well done.............

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle S
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I am relocating to the West End of Richmond and was in need of an affordable, safe, clean, and comfortable room. After looking at several in the area I choose the Extended Stay America. I want to express my sincere appreciation for the Manager Dean and his staff. Annette, Sabrina, and Latisha have provided me with exceptional customer service. Sending faxes, and printing business documents with no hesitation. The suite keepers are attentive and have always willing to provide excellent standards of cleanliness.

Unlike other post I have had NO PROBLEM with the internet access and I have been at the property for a month. Great job. I would recommend this property to anyone needing long term accommodations.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Michelle - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the service our staff provided to you, especially Annette, Sabrina and Latisha. As well, I am glad that liked the free WiFi we offered and your room.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My DH has been here quite a while working an IT contract in Richmond. The hotel is nice enough. The room is clean and we have not seen any bugs. The cleaning ladies do an awesome job. They are very friendly and go out of their way to help. They probably don't get the tips they deserve. They do a great job! The cops show up here quite often. There are loud disagreements in the parking lot and road that is close by that you can hear in your room. Sometimes this happens right outside your room. All of the tenants have been friendly. The hotel is pet friendly which is great.

The main thing is that if you need internet for your work, do NOT stay here. You have to call for service everytime you try to get on the internet and those calls can take forever. The other person that wrote about the internet service was exactly right. The wi-fi service is just bad or basically non existant. It really is a shame since if you are staying here on business it is imperative to have dependable internet service. For what it's worth the first several months my DH was here he did not have as many issues with the internet service. For months though we have not been able to get on wi-fi without issues and forget about sending emails. For a place that should expect business guests, internet is a requirement not a luxury and you won't get dependable wi-fi service here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our internet is below standards. In response to your feedback, the company is in the process in upgrading our internet service in the next 3 - 4 weeks. Still, I am pleased that our staff was courteous and that the cleanliness of your guest room met your expectations.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at rwb@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The door to the room looked like it was opened when we arrived. And when you shut the door from the inside it still looked like it was open. The room had a terrible odor, almost like a nursing home. There was an insect crawling on the ceiling and it was very stuffy. The condition of the room was horrible and the staff was a little rude during check-in. Needless to say I'll never willingly make reservation there again.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described regarding the room and your check in is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working to improve the housekeeping and the front desk staff on cleaning and customer service.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at rwb@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Every night for a week, I experienced great difficulty with trying to access the internet through Wi-Fi on my laptop. It was very frustrating. I am a Healthcare IT consultant and wanted to check my business related e-mails in the evening and perform other research on healthcare related web sites. When I called the hotel internet support line - I would be connected with an individual in Guatemala in Central America. I would spend up to an hour with these individuals attempting to resolve the internet access problems. After I was connected to the hotel's Wi-Fi, I still could not get access to the internet. I learned that various modems at the hotel are located in various guest rooms where they are sometimes stolen by the hotel guests or are unplugged !! After spending an hour on the telephone - it was so frustrating, I just threw in the towel and turned off my laptop. The moral of the story is if you are a consultant or other IT type of worker and you want to use your laptop in the evening to accomplish some work - this hotel is not the place for you. Thank you. Best Regards, Healthcare IT Consultant, Savannah, Georgia

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business