Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
US$121
US$165
US$141
FourPoints.com
All reviewsbob evansgranola barsgrab and gotraveling with petslong term staywaffle househome away from homebroad strecommend this hotelroom was cleanother hotelsstovekitchenettehvacaccommodationsconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hotels strike a balance between cost and quality. Some do better than others, and this one fails miserably. The building is showing its age from the outside and although not a show stopper, once you’re inside you realize why you paid such a low rate. Old smudged and scratched walls, dirty stained carpet, moldy shower curtain, and the thinnest sheets and blankets. Not to mention a certain clientele that made me check to make certain the door was locked. I’ve stayed at Extended Stay America hotels around the country before and have truly enjoyed some locations and avoided others. I should have avoided this one. The old adage “You get what you pay for” really applies, which is too bad because often for the same rate I have been very happy.

Room Tip: Third floor is a must!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel provided all that I needed for my stay. It featured a recliner, bed, table, large closet, and small kitchen. The athroom was clean. The recptionists were nice. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet. I was impressed. I rented this hotel at quite a discount through a third-party site, so the value was exceptional. I asked about weekly rates and they were quite a bit higher than what I obtained via the third party site.

Room Tip: Even though I was on the first floor, I didn't hear any noise from the second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Claire B
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Since our last review this extended stay has really changed for the better. The internet service is much improved and we have not had to call about internet service in many months. There are no longer loud arguments outside the door and the overall peacefulness has just increased tremendously. The cleaning people are still doing a wonderful job. They seem genuinely happy with their jobs and it shows in their quality of work. We always leave them a tip as they go out of their way to keep the place clean and to keep everything stocked. I have to say the General Manager was true to his/her word when he answered our prior review. The internet service has improved dramatically. Overall we have no complaints. This is a good place to stay at a fair price. It is refreshing to see such positive change.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HRLDebDav
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Way too many bugs found in my bed and bathroom. But the lady at the front desk was very nice about replacing my room. The service is great but these rooms are not clean. The rooms are very spacious though.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Chavonne B
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The 'non-smoking' room reeked of smoke. The tissue box had exactly one tissue. No toiletries. And, the breakfast was a joke. Expected continental, not hot, but still; there was no cereal, no bagels, no doughnuts, no juice. There were 4 packaged bars and some plastic-wrapped muffins. There were oatmeal packets but no hot water. Other nearby hotels do a much better job at a lower cost.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family