“A generous sized room in a convenient location for us.....”

Courtyard Richmond West
Ranked #23 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed here for the second time because it is near our daughter's home. The lobby has been majorly upgraded and looked terrific. The staff was excellent, but the room had a musty odor to it that did not go away during our stay..... Very nice linens and a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ginny M

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This hotel is close to everything!! Shopping, eating, dancing, even home depot :-) The staff is very friendly and accomodating. There is a bistro in the lobby that has pretty good food the buffalo chicken flatbread is a must have.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is not my first stay at a Courtyard - I've been in several over the years, including Miami, FL; Devon, PA; Windsor, CT; and now Richmond, VA. This Courtyard was clean, efficient, very pleasant, and perfect for weary business travelers such as myself! I love the ease of advance, online check-in and boarding pass printing in the lobby; the wonderful cafe bistro and bar; the refrigerators in each room; and the space to relax in the rooms as well. I also find the beds to be extremely comfortable - and this Courtyard in Richmond West did not disappoint. I was able to check in considerably early, which was truly appreciated - and every person from the housekeeping to the front desk to the cafe staff was very friendly and solicitous. I really recommend Courtyard - another great experience in Richmond.

Room Tip: I've stayed in first floor rooms several times, totally without incident. Since the rooms face...
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband had to come to Richmond for work and his company put us up in this hotel. We didn't spend much time here, so I can't speak about the bistro or other amenities as we only saw the room. That said, I LOVED the room! It was so nice to have the bed on the wall shared with the bathroom since you don't see that in most hotels. Of course, it did make it hard for two people to watch tv in the bed since the tv was off to the side. The corner lamp in our room was broken, so you couldn't sit on the couch to read. Everything else in the room was very nice and having a fridge was a great asset! It was also nice to be able to exit the parking lot at a stoplight, so traffic wasn't a problem. Overall the hotel was quiet, but I did hear our neighbors talking in the hallway and their door slamming was very loud at midnight. We always bring ear plugs though, so the rest of the night we slept just fine. The staff were also very nice at check in and check out. The hotel is in an asian-centric neighborhood with lots of yummy Vietnamese food and plenty of shopping centers. If we ever come back to Richmond, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This will probably be the shortest review I've ever written - and I can write long ones. I can usually find a few weaknesses to advise others about, even if it's only something like lousey water pressure, but not here. It's a very typical & nice Courtyard, with a nice courtyard & outdoor pool. The rooms are done in the new decor & the beds are the typical & excellent beds most Courtyards use. Geez, even the water pressure was excellent. Wait! I found something. The new flu light bulbs are horribe (& lighting is important to me). They are literally blinding. No soft lighting option at all. I understand the transition, but they are available in different wattages. I actually had to unscrew one bulb from a 2-bulb fixture & it was still far too bright. Guess nothing is perfect. Oh, staff was good - I won't go farther than that since (with an average 6 month turnover in hotels) you won't likely run into the same staffers.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Steven P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thanks for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I guess I’m glad you gave us a short review! Thanks so much for the feedback.

I will investigate and speak to my engineering team about the brightness of the lighting. Lastly, believe it or not, the average tenure of my staff is over 10 years! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I spent one night in the Courtyard on W. Broad in Richmond. For the most part it is exactly what you expect of a Courtyard, and that's a good thing. It was quiet, the staff is very friendly, the beds were comfortable, everything except one bedside lamp worked. The Bistro delivered good food, but it seems as if the staff was overwhelmed. The lines for breakfast were quite long, although the food was delivered quickly once you ordered. The hotel is close enough to downtown Richmond that you can get there in a few minutes. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Leave time for the lines at breakfast.
1  Thank Wayne R

Thanks for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I’m glad we were able to live up to expectations you have when staying at a Courtyard!

I would like to apologize for the long line in our Bistro. We normally have a nice steady flow of customers but every now and then it seems everyone comes down for breakfast at the same time. When a line forms we normally have a manager on duty that will run over and help expedite the service. After all, nobody likes to wait in a line first thing in the morning! I’m glad that you enjoyed your food and it was delivered quickly once you got your order placed. We continually work on the speed and efficiency of our AM Bistro service and we look forward to serving you the next time you are in the Richmond area! Thanks again.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I was staying across the street at the Magnuson Grand. My horrific experience there led me to the Courtyard. It was such a relief to check in to a well run, clean place. Every staff member I came into contact with was friendly and helpful. The lobby area is attractive. I haven't tried the bistro yet. The room has everything I need, including a fridge. I'm hoping the rain stops so I can try the lovely pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Steven P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thanks for taking the time to express how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I’m sorry for the experience you had across the street but very glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and provide you with a fantastic experience at our hotel! My entire staff is proud of our newly renovated hotel and the service we provide to all of our guests. By the way, we recently got brand new furniture for our pool area. Summer is almost over so please come back as soon as the rain stops!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Residence Inn Richmond West End
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End
Best Western Executive Hotel
The Westin Richmond
The Westin Richmond
#3 of 82 in Richmond

Been to Courtyard Richmond West? Share your experiences!