“Outstanding customer service and clean, comfortable room”

Courtyard Richmond West
Ranked #23 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
“Outstanding customer service and clean, comfortable room”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Reservation taken by Adam - super friendly and efficient. Later called to say we needed a late check-in and the female front desk associate was extremely personable. Said they'd be happy to see us and to drive safely.... Once there, we saw smiling, happy workers - even at 10pm. One lady held the door and the elevator - then chatted with us and said customer service is what they're all about. It made an impression as you can see- and we've been all over the world !

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this property just one night, but even with that short stay were immensely impressed with the staff and facilities. Every staff member . . . and I mean EVERY ONE I came across, gave me a warm welcome in the morning. The room (third floor at the back) was VERY quiet and in perfect condition. Although I was hoping for free coffee in the lounge area that many Courtyards offer, the in-room coffee was sufficient to get us going. A quick supplement of Starbucks on the way out the door was provided with a gracious "thank you"! I wish all Courtyard's had such a pleasant staff.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott H
Dumfries, Virginia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The lobby furniture and set up was clean and open yet provided sectioned off areas for sitting. The rooms are set up in classic Courtyard fashion, better TVs than I've had at other Courtyards. Ample parking and restaurants walking distance.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor. Can't complain
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Will L
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I had a very smooth check-in, and my preference for a top floor was accommodated. I found the room to be impeccably clean (I mean this honestly, notwithstanding my following comments), minus a hair on the edge of the bed (it was obvious it had just gotten caught in the laundry - the sheets were otherwise clean), a hair in the sink, and several hairs in the shower. The room had very obviously been cleaned, but I would have preferred not to have so much hair around! Maybe just a retraining on using clean cloths often to remove hair would be worth a try. I didn't try the breakfast or any of the amenities. This hotel is outside of the busy areas so it was incredibly quiet, and parking was free and convenient to the entrances. One thought - my room was 74 degrees in December (even with it set to 70), so I tend to think the A/C might have been broken in my room, but it wasn't uncomfortable. For the price, I would have liked higher quality, but I would still recommend if you want a quiet, out of the way hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Zebraz103
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Sure, the room was fine...average, but now we must use disposable cups in the bathroom, the coffee machine only makes 1 cup at a time, the mattress is more squishy than I've had in many prior Marriott stays around the country, and the breakfast....its not very good. The offerings are so limited, it's silly not to keep it self-serve and included in room price. I don't need to pay someone to grab me a juice bottle and a pre-packaged yoghurt. Marriott - you've been messing with your tried and true formula for success....and it ain't an improvement!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank SassafrassTree
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This hotel is in an ugly area of town. The room itself was okay, but there is one elevator so if you aren't right by it, you have to walk quite a while to get to your room. Not fun if you have heavy luggage. Better option is to look for something downtown.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EmilyA126
Steven P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond West, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for the feedback on our hotel. I apologize for the long walk you had with your luggage and I’m sorry you did not like our neighborhood. Our hotel may be slightly larger than your average Courtyard and since I walk the property every day I know our hallways can seem very long. Fortunately, most of our rooms are located on two main floors and there is an entrance to the hotel on all four corners. Most of our guests are able to park at an entrance close to their room which greatly reduces the walking distance. We do have a few rooms on a third floor but there is an entrance with plenty of parking and an elevator that make these rooms easily accessible as well. We always try to direct first time guests to the nearest entrance at check in. I apologize if we did not share that information with you. We are a first generation Courtyard that was built in 1986. Because of our recent renovation, most people think we are brand new due to our recent renovation and new Bistro! Most of the businesses in our immediate area were built in the 80’s and most of them have not been renovated. However, there are many unique restaurants and stores nearby that you will not find downtown or in the west end shopping district. My favorite restaurant is Vietnam One which is right across the street. One of the best things about our hotel is the fact that we are conveniently located off I-64 mid way between downtown and the west end shopping district. Once again, please accept my apologies for your less than perfect stay.
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The service was great as always. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I love how they make it feel a bit like home for those on the road. The hotel looked like an updated Motel 6 but still excellent. Always recommend Marriott. I love the new bar/restaurant its a great place for breakfast and dinner in.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jmcurl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Residence Inn Richmond West End
Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
The Westin Richmond
The Westin Richmond
#3 of 81 in Richmond
Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond

Been to Courtyard Richmond West? Share your experiences!