“Clean and priced right”

Courtyard Richmond West
Ranked #22 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice person at the front desk. Room was clean. Walls are thin, but many hotels have the same issue. Only problem during the stay--and it wasn't Courtyard's fault--was rude guests. There were kids running up and down the halls during the evening hours. Then adults coming back late at night being loud and slamming doors. Got woke up several times throughout the night. Pretty good location on a main road with lots of shopping and wonderful restaurants within 10 miles.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is nice, its updated and the rooms have all the amenities you would expect from a courtyard. There is an outdoor pool and a nice central courtyard with grass and a sitting area.

Customer service was pretty bad, we arrived at 10 or so and there was only one person on staff. Check in was fast and courteous. Then things went downhill. We had a room with a sofa bed. when I opened the sofa bed the bed was not made. I called the front desk a couple times and no one answered, I then walked over to the front desk and was told that the linens were in a drawer and I would have to make the bed. I then had to ask for pillows as there were none for the sofa bed. Not the best start to our stay. I did look for other hotels in the area for the next 2 nights but could not find one that could accommodate us so we stuck it out.

Our last day we went to the bistro for coffee and breakfast but were told by a gentleman that it had closed 10 minutes ago and there was nothing he could do. Never mind that there was still coffee in the pots, bakery items and fruit cups on the counter. After insisting he gave us some paper cups to serve ourselves but he would charge us at the check in counter. As I finished making my coffee a lady came out from behind and said we could have anything we wanted and charged us right there.

Room Tip: First floor rooms facing the inside have access to the grass courtyard, the rooms facing the outside...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Very nice hotel with great staff
It was a Comfortable stay . Beds were very good.
The only problem was the air c onditioner.
It would not stay on and then would make a tremendous noise
This needs to be fixed. Otherwise great and close to university of Richmond

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have now stayed at this hotel three time in the last few months. While this hotel has been around for many years, it has been renovated and is current with most newer Marriott Courtyards. The rooms are large, the lobby area has a small café. The business center and workout room were ample.

This hotel offers very competitive rates and is in a great location just off I-64 not far from I-95. Parking is easy and complimentary. Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable of the local area. May restaurants are only blocks away on Broad St..

Room Tip: Book early for best rate
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Reservation taken by Adam - super friendly and efficient. Later called to say we needed a late check-in and the female front desk associate was extremely personable. Said they'd be happy to see us and to drive safely.... Once there, we saw smiling, happy workers - even at 10pm. One lady held the door and the elevator - then chatted with us and said customer service is what they're all about. It made an impression as you can see- and we've been all over the world !

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at this property just one night, but even with that short stay were immensely impressed with the staff and facilities. Every staff member . . . and I mean EVERY ONE I came across, gave me a warm welcome in the morning. The room (third floor at the back) was VERY quiet and in perfect condition. Although I was hoping for free coffee in the lounge area that many Courtyards offer, the in-room coffee was sufficient to get us going. A quick supplement of Starbucks on the way out the door was provided with a gracious "thank you"! I wish all Courtyard's had such a pleasant staff.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott H
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The lobby furniture and set up was clean and open yet provided sectioned off areas for sitting. The rooms are set up in classic Courtyard fashion, better TVs than I've had at other Courtyards. Ample parking and restaurants walking distance.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor. Can't complain