“Meeting rooms not good” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Jacksonville, Florida
“Meeting rooms not good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel rooms are nice and are comparable to other courtyards. Staff was nice but many times they weren't present. That's especially true with the meeting facility. There may have been a problem with the A/C but it was very hot in the room and it was set on 65. Rarely saw anyone to check on us. I'm not picky, but I can't recommend having meetings here. I've held meetings in over 12 places in the past few months and this one was my least favorite. But again, the rooms were nice and I would have no problem staying here again.

Stayed July 2014
Steven P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond West, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback. I’m pleased that you found our rooms to be nice and that you will return to our hotel the next time you are in the Richmond area. However, it is our goal to meet or exceed your expectations in every aspect of your stay. It is apparent that we need to make some improvements in regards to servicing our meeting rooms.
I’m pleased to inform you that we have just recently hired a new associate that will be in charge of ensuring that our groups and meetings have an excellent experience from arrival to departure. I’m confident that you will notice a marked improvement in our attention to detail if you happen to hold another meeting here.
Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a typical Courtyard property. The room was fine, with a good air conditioning system (too often they don't do the job right, but not here). The front desk was efficient, and the room was ready, despite our early arrival of 2:30 PM. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here, but for the price it was just fine.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor room, which don't have anywhere near the traffic of people walking by, as no...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel is clean and you can tell it is an older property that was renovated rather recently. The location is quiet considering it is off of a busy street. I have stayed at other Courtyard properties where the service was exceptional, here this was not the case however I was not treated rudely by any means but what was different was that in other properties the staff would go out of their way to welcome you and show you around as opposed to hear are your keys look for entrance "X" and take the elevator to your room. In comparison to other courtyards the internet is slower, the TV is smaller, and you get less channels (for example I couldn't watch the NHL playoffs because they do not offer NBC Sportsnetwork which is a basic cable channel). Those are just minor gripes but I will say that the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank KB630
Steven P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond West, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I’m glad you loved our beds and noticed that our hotel was clean and recently renovated. My entire staff is extremely proud of our hotel and we strive to deliver world class service to every customer. I regret that we did not deliver the service you expect when staying a Courtyard property this time.

I’m pleased to say that our internet performance rating from Courtyard’s internal guest surveys program currently has us in the top 25% of the entire Courtyard brand. We receive very few complaints regarding our internet service now and in the next few weeks we will be upgrading our main internet switch which will enhance our service even more.

Our guest rooms have 37’’ LG flat screen TV’s in every room with 40 channels including HBO. In addition we have 6 TV’s in our Bistro area that have 272 channels available. Our Bistro is open for breakfast and dinner with a full bar and our guests have access to these TV’s 24 hours a day. I’m sorry you missed the game. Perhaps next time you could catch the game in our lobby while grabbing a bite to eat.

Thanks again for choosing Courtyard. We sincerely hope to get another chance to show you our spirit to serve the next time you are in the Richmond area!
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice person at the front desk. Room was clean. Walls are thin, but many hotels have the same issue. Only problem during the stay--and it wasn't Courtyard's fault--was rude guests. There were kids running up and down the halls during the evening hours. Then adults coming back late at night being loud and slamming doors. Got woke up several times throughout the night. Pretty good location on a main road with lots of shopping and wonderful restaurants within 10 miles.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Darien, Connecticut, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is nice, its updated and the rooms have all the amenities you would expect from a courtyard. There is an outdoor pool and a nice central courtyard with grass and a sitting area.

Customer service was pretty bad, we arrived at 10 or so and there was only one person on staff. Check in was fast and courteous. Then things went downhill. We had a room with a sofa bed. when I opened the sofa bed the bed was not made. I called the front desk a couple times and no one answered, I then walked over to the front desk and was told that the linens were in a drawer and I would have to make the bed. I then had to ask for pillows as there were none for the sofa bed. Not the best start to our stay. I did look for other hotels in the area for the next 2 nights but could not find one that could accommodate us so we stuck it out.

Our last day we went to the bistro for coffee and breakfast but were told by a gentleman that it had closed 10 minutes ago and there was nothing he could do. Never mind that there was still coffee in the pots, bakery items and fruit cups on the counter. After insisting he gave us some paper cups to serve ourselves but he would charge us at the check in counter. As I finished making my coffee a lady came out from behind and said we could have anything we wanted and charged us right there.

Room Tip: First floor rooms facing the inside have access to the grass courtyard, the rooms facing the outside...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Very nice hotel with great staff
It was a Comfortable stay . Beds were very good.
The only problem was the air c onditioner.
It would not stay on and then would make a tremendous noise
This needs to be fixed. Otherwise great and close to university of Richmond

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have now stayed at this hotel three time in the last few months. While this hotel has been around for many years, it has been renovated and is current with most newer Marriott Courtyards. The rooms are large, the lobby area has a small café. The business center and workout room were ample.

This hotel offers very competitive rates and is in a great location just off I-64 not far from I-95. Parking is easy and complimentary. Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable of the local area. May restaurants are only blocks away on Broad St..

Room Tip: Book early for best rate
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Residence Inn Richmond West End
Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
BEST WESTERN Executive Hotel
Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump

Been to Courtyard Richmond West? Share your experiences!