“feels like coming home”

Courtyard Richmond West
Ranked #23 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Marriott always treats guests like family. The professional staff's welcome and helpfulness makes one feel as if they are genuinely glad to have you as a guest. At the Richmond, Va Courtyard special kudos to Adam in the Bistro and Regina at the front desk for exceptional service. Thanks to manager Steve for seeing that everyone's stay at Marriott was a very positive one. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Steven P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thanks so much for recognizing Adam, Regina and our spirit to serve! We love and value our repeat guests - see you next time!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel last July and work laptop was stolen from room. Laptop was in a location only visible to someone looking for it. Was on main level in room with patio door. Marriott did not provide ANY compensation for the loss and their claim process sucks.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Yvonne358

As the GM here for 3 years - I recall one instance when a guest reported a stolen laptop at my hotel. After a thourourgh investigation – we were able to determine that the room in question was here with at least one other room and for large parts of the day – these rooms were left propped open by the security latch. The doors were apparently left open so the occupants could move freely from one room to the other. What happened to the laptop in that case is unknown but we were able to solidly conclude that our staff was not involved.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This not the hotel for for a stay longer than a night or two.
The lobby and restaurant upgrade cannot make up for the fact that housekeeping staff is overwhelmed by the significant tour business and do not do the superior job of timely room maintenance expected of Marriott and the fully priced room rate. The small, cramped, poorly maintained "fitness center" was not worth using.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Colorado T

Our housekeeping staff has an average tenure of well over 10 years – I have only been here for 3 but I have never seen them overwhelmed!  Our housekeeping team works every day from 9 to 5 pm and we are always willing to accommodate any guest that would like to have their room serviced at particular time.
You got me on the exercise room. It is a little on the smaller side – it has two treadmills, a recumbent bike and a weight bench and a rack of free weights. We recently closed our indoor whirlpool which was located right next to our exercise room. I’m hopeful that in the next year we will be able to combine those spaces and provide our guests with an amazing exercise room.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed at the courtyard for two nights. The bedroom and bathroom was clean. The room did smell stuffy. The room was small and it did feel like an old hotel with updated furnishing. Air conditioner was a little noisy but not terrible. Overall it was good hotel. I slept well in the bed. I did appreciate the balcony with the sliding glass doors to open the room and let some fresh air in. The staff was pleasant. The one problem with a clogged bathtub drain was fixed promptly. This was a comfortable but not upscale or luxurious hotel room. The WiFi was not password protected which is a concern for security. The hotel was quiet. I did not hear any sounds from neighboring rooms except the sound of the shower. I did enjoy the bistro for breakfast. As a picky eater, the bistro was a better option for me than the typical free buffet

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

It sounds like you had a lot of little issues during your stay that added up to a less than exceptional experience. Our goal is to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable room with everything in working order and – of coarse – excellent customer service. I’m glad you found our staff to be pleasant and your room to be quiet. Thanks for trying our Bistro too – glad you like it! We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a problem free stay the next time you are in the Richmond area!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Close to U of Richmond. Front desk very helpful as to places to go and places to eat. Our room was fine - the biggest problem is that I needed to ask 3 times to get a sofa bed made up. Once before we left for dinner - came back 2 hours later, not done. Requested again upon return - sat at bar for an hour - still not done. Finally done on the third request and the woman was rather rude about the whole affair - saying they (Marriott) typically don't do this type of thing as its a self serve. Self serve except there was nothing to make up the bed. That is my reason for the Average rating otherwise, it's more than a nice place to lay your head for a night on a college visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Glad you found our front desk staff helpful! So sorry about the sofa bed issue you experienced. We provide a sealed bag in the bottom dresser drawer that contains the linen and blanket needed for the sofa bed. Sounds like we could have been a lot more responsive to your needs – hopefully we will get another chance if you chose one of our nearby colleges!

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel rooms are nice and are comparable to other courtyards. Staff was nice but many times they weren't present. That's especially true with the meeting facility. There may have been a problem with the A/C but it was very hot in the room and it was set on 65. Rarely saw anyone to check on us. I'm not picky, but I can't recommend having meetings here. I've held meetings in over 12 places in the past few months and this one was my least favorite. But again, the rooms were nice and I would have no problem staying here again.

Stayed: July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback. I’m pleased that you found our rooms to be nice and that you will return to our hotel the next time you are in the Richmond area. However, it is our goal to meet or exceed your expectations in every aspect of your stay. It is apparent that we need to make some improvements in regards to servicing our meeting rooms.
I’m pleased to inform you that we have just recently hired a new associate that will be in charge of ensuring that our groups and meetings have an excellent experience from arrival to departure. I’m confident that you will notice a marked improvement in our attention to detail if you happen to hold another meeting here.
Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a typical Courtyard property. The room was fine, with a good air conditioning system (too often they don't do the job right, but not here). The front desk was efficient, and the room was ready, despite our early arrival of 2:30 PM. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here, but for the price it was just fine.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor room, which don't have anywhere near the traffic of people walking by, as no...