“Not what I expcted”

Ranked #65 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Baltimore
“Not what I expcted”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

The hotel was not what I expected at all. When we arrived, we were not greeted. The manager was at the check-in desk and he just told us to wait. We waited for like 5 minutes before he asked us our name. Then he checked us in and that was it. Then we get to the room and there is an awful odor. When I went to the bathroom, I just wanted to run out of there. The tub was horrific. I actually put a towel in the tub floor because I did not want my feet to touch that disgusting tub. After that experience, the bed felt like a hard cardboard. This was one of the worst places that I have stayed in. Thanks to God, my husband and I were only staying there for one night. The only two reasons that we picked this hotel was because (1) we are not familiar with Virginia and (2) because the hotel website said that it was about 5 minutes from Richmond International Raceway which when I put the hotel address into the GPS it was actually 20 minutes away. Awful Hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Evelyn L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on the way to the outer banks. Very aged and dirty exterior in a shady part of the city. Rooms were very below average in cleanliness. Carpet was filthy. Stains and spots on chairs in room, ink blotches on bedding. A/C unit sounded like a plane taking off. Overall a very uncomfortable experience. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Spend a few more bucks and stay in a more reputable hotel in better part of town.
This dive shouldn't even be open. That was the last Days Inn I will ever stay in.
If you pull up and think "Oh...it can't be that bad"....believe me...it is. Drive away and find someplace else.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Rodhimes1

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
#49 of 81 in Richmond
Quality Inn West End
Quality Inn West End
#38 of 81 in Richmond

Been to Days Inn Richmond/South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Richmond/South

Property: Days Inn Richmond/South
Address: 6910 Midlothian Tpke, Richmond, VA 23225-5635
Region: United States > Virginia > Richmond
Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #65 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Richmond/South 2*
Come to the Days Inn Richmond Virginia, a centrally located value hotel featuring superb packages. Located near Busch Gardens. Richmond International Raceway, and Stony Point Fashion Park. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Richmond/South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Richmond Hotel Richmond