“Stayed in much better for the $$”

Days Inn Richmond/South
Ranked #63 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
A TripAdvisor Member
“Stayed in much better for the $$”
Reviewed 28 June 2005

--> lost Hotels[-] online reservation
--> rust/metal flakes in bathroom sink water *mmmm tasty
--> poorly secured shower curtain/rod, which ripped from the wall
--> questionable neighborhood
--> unprofessional staff

When you first enter the lobby you think this might not be so bad. Wait until you get to your room. *That is if the armed security guard and sketchy area has not already started the wheels a turnin'. Opening the door it was nice to see black out curtains, especially since my room was on the first floor. Inspection of the bathroom showed it was so so clean; there was a fair amount of black mildew around the edges of the shower. The shower curtain rod was not your straight average rod, it bent away from the shower so that when showering you don’t get attacked by the shower curtain. This proved to be a huge issue, as after the first shower we had no shower curtain. The floor of the tub was very slick and when reaching for a towel I slipped. I instinctively reached for the shower curtain to steady myself and was able to do this without much pressure. I am a very well accomplish goalie who has played at the state level. As agile as I might be it didn’t help. The rod ripped from the wall, spilling tile everywhere. I looked to see how that could have happened and notice that it was not anchored well. It was not attached to a stud and the plastic wall anchor they attempted to use was not used properly at all. Before bed I decided I wanted some water, yeah that didn’t happen. There was rust/metal flakes in the water, wish I would have realize that before I had started to drink it. All in all it was not such a great visit. Not to mention they had lost my Hotels[-] reservation.

• Stayed June 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 May 2005

We stayed here for one night only while passing through Richmond, and it's not likely that we'll ever be back. This Days Inn is definitely a "castle in the sky" in comparison to anything else on this section of the trnpke, but looks can be deceiving. The exterior is really nice and well appointed, but the room itself that we stayed in (standard, non-smoking, 2 double beds) left a lot to be desired - not to say that it didn't do the job of giving us a place to sleep that night. The bathroom tiles were obviously new, but their idea of updating the bathtub was a poor job at painting over the mildew stains - even on the bottom of the tub. We couldn't get cold water to come out of the sink faucett so had to brush our teeth with the tub faucett. To give them credit though, when I did call to inquire about that odd situation, the front desk clerk offered to send in a plumber right away to fix the problem. I declined, as it was time for my girls to go to bed. There was a lot of noise in the hotel that night as it seemed like there was a group of teenagers having parties (but perhaps it was as innocent as a travelling marching band or something, I don't know). We found this area of the Midlothian to be pretty seedy. Needless to say, we did have a place to sleep that night for a very good price but we just weren't too sad to leave.

Stayed April 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
#51 of 81 in Richmond
Quality Inn West End
Quality Inn West End
#38 of 81 in Richmond

Been to Days Inn Richmond/South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Richmond/South

Property: Days Inn Richmond/South
Address: 6910 Midlothian Tpke, Richmond, VA 23225-5635
Region: United States > Virginia > Richmond
Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #63 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Richmond/South 2*
Come to the Days Inn Richmond Virginia, a centrally located value hotel featuring superb packages. Located near Busch Gardens. Richmond International Raceway, and Stony Point Fashion Park. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Richmond/South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Richmond Hotel Richmond