“Needs LOTS of updating!”

Days Inn Richmond/South
Ranked #64 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Even the kids in our group complained about the dated rooms! The bedspreads looked like something from the early 80's, with stains and burns, but the bathroom was the worst. The toilet had a small round bowl but had a large oval seat that wasn't even attached all the way. The beds were springy. The continental breakfast had bagels, toast, instant oatmeal, mini-muffins, and dry cereal. The positives - it was fairly clean, quiet and had free WiFi.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank mdFoxes

Reviewed 18 August 2010

Our room was clean, quiet, and smelled as a non-smoking room should. The king bed was comfortable and all our amenities worked properly. The staff were professional, courteous, and helpful. We will stay here again.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Good stay at low price .... !! and the service was Good

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Great Staff, particularly Henry he went out of his way to make things right for us. The rooms were clean and neat, quality of sleep was great and I was near everything I needed. This was a deal for the price and I would certainly stay there again.
After staying here for 3 nights I can tell you my experience was much better than what the reviews said from other websites.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This is the worst, most terribly managed hotel/motel establishment in the Western Hemisphere. I make this claim having traveled throughout central America and staying at numerous third-world locations. My experience with the Richmond Days In was characterized by lies, verbal abuse and generally being treated as a sub-human.

Take my advice and sleep in your car.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Traveler197
Reviewed 13 March 2010

I am very disappointed with my decision to book here. I booked online then when I showed up after hours of driving they couldn't find my reservation. My fiancé and I had to wait for 30 mins before we were given a room. I wanted to cancel but at that point it was almost 12am and I was too tired to wait any longer. When I went to take a shower there was no hot water. I even ran the water for 10 min to see if it would warm up. I could have stayed at the Econo Lodge for the same rate and I am sure they probably had hot water. I sware if I wasn't on a budget I would have left during my 30 min rate. The sign in the room says that Days Inn has the best rates under the sun. If you are looking for price only this is a good hotel. If you expect sensible quailty then DO NOT STAY here!!!!!

DaysInn-Richmond, Manager at Days Inn Richmond/South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2010

Online Booking takes time to get downloaded to our front desk system when the weather is BAD. We had heavy rains and due to act of God, our Computer System had hard time connecting to Central Server to get the reservation downloaded.Only PATIENCE can help that. We had our Boiler system Hot water circulating system inspected. It works fine. Inspection report available to review.Probably, at midnight it takes its own time to circulate in this 50,000 sq ft. building. Again, Patience and little bit of more time can help it.
Thank God, hot water was available in the morning rush hour when 115 rooms guests need it all at the same time as this have not complained about it.

Reviewed 29 December 2009

This place was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. They claim they allow pets. But when the manager saw our dog, he told us we had 30 min to get out and that he was calling the police. So here we were 6 hours from home and had to leave a hotel that claimed they allow pets. They also charged us and extra $400.00 to our credit card for the dog.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ssgSouthCarolina
racefanCT, Manager at Days Inn Richmond/South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2010

Days Inn welcome pets with a fee. Patrons are required to disclose the pets when they check in and pay a minimal fee of $20 per pet per day. We have assigned pet rooms for guests traveling with pets. NOT disclosing a pet results in Penalty as we have to deep clean rooms for future guests for hygenic and allergy issues. These guest had trashed the room with Big dog hairs and dog waste. Police was called in as these guest were heavily drunk and resisting to pay the penalty.
They had one adult as per registration paperwork but the room was occupied with four adults.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#35 of 82 in Richmond
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn

Been to Days Inn Richmond/South? Share your experiences!