“ROACHES!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #62 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Evansville, IN
“ROACHES!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2008

I got a suite at the hotel and everything was fine until we tried to turn off the lights. It was like a cue for all of the roaches (or what the manager tried to call "water beetles"). We were asked to be moved and was told that there is no guarantee that the next room would not be like it because it was next door. We were told that we could get our found for the room because it was very late when we discovered the new found friends.

That morning we were packed with only at most 2 hours sleep with the lights on as to keep away the pest. The manager ended up being more of a problem then the roaches in the room. He said that there were no bugs in his hotel and refused to refund my stay because I did not "catch one"! I was disgusted that I was suppose to pay to stay at a hotel and be the exterminator.

When I pressed on that I should be reimbursed for the filth found in the room I was asked to leave the premises or he would call the police. I was unable to get a refund or any recourse from super 8 or the hotel itself. I was able to cancel the remaining 2 days that I had reserved the hotel room.

Needless to say if you are looking for a place that meets the lowest standards of decent hotel then look else where.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — ROACHES
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Rising Sun, Maryland
Reviewed 23 September 2007

It's cheap and you get what you pay for, the seedy characters hanging out in the parking lot, the unsupervised children roaming the halls, the lack of knowledge from the front desk... yes friends all included for $84 per night. But the room was clean and thankfully they stuck us in the top corner room so we were literally as far away as possible from everyone else.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond

Been to Super 8 Richmond Midlothian Turnpike? Share your experiences!