“Not Impressed”

Super 8 Richmond Midlothian Turnpike
Ranked #66 of 82 Hotels in Richmond

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Columbus
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The elevator door struggled loudly to open so we all agreed to take the stairs. The room was decent but the TV remote was broken, and we found piece if hair outside on the way to the front desk.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I just ended my stay and I have to say it could have been better.
First the desk staff are wonderful with the exception of a couple of issues. The room was clean. It did look run down though. The housekeepers are a nightmare to deal with though. They either don't understand English or just prefer to act like they don't understand. Trying to get new towels and such is a nightmare. It advertised wifi but good luck getting a signal. I didn't have one the entire stay. ( I was there a week) Be very careful of the breakfast. You have to make your own waffles and be very careful with waffle maker. The yogurt was out of date, both of the ones we got had expired over a month ago. So we opted out trying breakfast there again. The 3rd floor has no screens on the windows so seriously watch out if you open the window. We were only there for one Friday and thank goodness for that. Someone rented a room and decided to throw a party. There was 40 people in the hallway making all kinds of noise and slamming the stairway door repeatedly. This went on from 10pm to 1am. I called the front desk and was told they would deal with it but it still took over an hour. I have a daughter who is nearly deaf and they woke her 3 times with all the noise. The cable kept going out. I tried to watch several movies and was unable to watch the entire thing without it messing up. I kept the do not disturb sign up pretty much the entire time but as I was moving things out on the day I checked out the housekeeping couldn't give us 10 mins to finish getting our stuff out before propping the door open to all.
Overall I was disappointed in this place a lot. I have stayed at a lot of Super 8s in different states and I have to say that this was the worst. The only other plus I could see was the elevator. But they definitely need more luggage carts. They couldn't find it for several days. Also if you need any housekeeping supplies you have to ask for it while housekeeping is there cause apparently they don't trust the desk people with a key. How stupid is that!?! For a business that advertises customer service there is a lack of it on someones part. I don't think its the desk staff part!

Room Tip: Heaters work really well. Watch out for no screens. Watch out for expired breakfast food. Beds a...