Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This is our third time to stay here. Every single person - EVERY person has been amazing and kind and absolutely eager to please. Starting with the front desk - Stephanie and Kyle were so helpful, patient and kind as I arrived flustered and loaded with bags. The housekeeping staff were SO on their toes! They were courteous and attentive - even to the point they noticed we drank the caffeinated coffee and not the de-caffeinated in our room so they mentioned that and left us additional caffeinated so we would have plenty for the following morning! The rooms are large, plush, very clean with loads of electrical outlets. Someone really thought this out when they designed it. We used the workout room which is fully loaded. We didn't swim but the indoor pool looks great. This is very family friendly! The food is fabulous and the best part yet - the bartender, Pauline, pours a handsome drink and is ever so charming. We love the place - it's the only place to stay in Richmond! PS - while you're her hit the Mexican restaurant one mile away called Mexico. Consistently amazing.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Reviewed 28 February 2012

This building must be going under renovations. The hallways smell like varnish and the rugs had a peculiar odor. I asked a housekeeper and she said they were painting and renovating. I asked for an extra hand towel and was told only two per room- two hand, two washcloths, two large towels. Well, great, I just spent using one of my hand towels to dust the room and clean the air conditioner since I thought the smell was coming through there. The towel was grey with dust bunnies, but that didn't seem to phase her.
Friendly front staff. We simply stayed in our room and left the next morning.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PADancergrrl
cburks, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

I am disappointed to read you did not fully enjoy your recent stay at the Wyndham Richmond Airport Hotel. We truly strive to make each and every guest experience with us the best it can be. I would like to begin by taking this opportunity to apologize for unappealing smell you experienced during your visit. The hotel was indeed completing some upgrades that included re-staining its wood paneling throughout the property. I have also shared your feedback with our Executive Housekeeper and I can ensure you your concerns with the towels are being investigated. Thank you for your feedback and I hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed two nights for a Conference meeting. Staff was friendly and helpful. Property was clean and had several meeting rooms. Beds were A+. This property is located close to many eating places and shopping areas.
Room had a small fridge and microwave, comfortable computer chair beside the bed, and a large desk and chair for working.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I was given an accessible room looking out over the atrium, which made the room dark. The funky cf lights were pretty dim, so if you're looking for bright lights to see, this may not be a good choice.

I'd ask for a room that doesn't overlook the atrium.

Front desk staff at check in in the evening were wonderful and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The staff at this hotel was friendly and helpful. I had an issue with my room shower which unfortuanely could not be promptly resolved requiring me to move to a different room for my second night. The rooms were clean, big, spacious, and comfortable. Hotel restaurant (breakfast) was very good and reasonable.

Room Tip: Inside rooms face an inside pool area.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Feel free to check my other reviews- I am not pathological complainer.
We scheduled our stay at this hotel specifically to get good night's rest before catching a morning flight out of Richmond on vacation. We live 2 hours southwest, so getting good rest and having a safe place to park our car for the week was the most important part of our stay. (Stay and Park offer)
For certain, this was a great place to park, the hotel provides a shuttle to the airport with curbside service. Both drivers were courteous, timely, and friendly. :)

The hotel has two problems:
1. The design of the atrium means that there is no barrier between the front desk and many of the rooms except one window in your room. This means that all the noise from the front desk wafts up to your room IF your room window faces the atrium instead of the outside of the hotel.

I have stayed in this hotel before and enjoyed my stay very much- we had an outside room and had no noise issues.

2. The night staff of this hotel are extremely loud and perhaps just don't care if they disturb the guests.

At 2:50 a.m. I was awakened by a lot of noise and went to the window, where the noise was coming from, to see what the trouble was and watched the night security man enjoying his Papa John's pizza on the couch in the lobby. He was quiet since he was eating. It was the front desk gentleman, chatting it up, whose loud voice and booming laughter had woken me. You wouldn't think that one person's voice could be such an issue, but, being in an atrium with brick and glass walls, the acoustics were wonderful. They chatted for a long time and there was no more sleep for me.

At 4:05, another loud voice was heard, this time in the hall right outside our room. A night staff person (not the same person as at the front desk) was walking down the hall, talking and laughing loudly on his cell phone while delivering a receipt page to every occupied room. I know this because I peeked my head out the door to see who could be making so much noise at 4 am. I saw him and he saw me and to his credit, he was a shade quieter. But did he stop chatting on his phone?
No, he chatted on his phone the entire length of the hall and back, audible the entire time.
UN-be-LIEV-able!

Does nobody train night staff at hotels?
People come to hotels to SLEEP, not to be woken up by your staff at all hours of the night.
Honestly, the staff was very friendly.
Had we not been leaving quickly to catch our shuttle to the airport I would have kindly spoken to the folks at the front desk.

Seriously, if I owned this hotel, I would do a noise study on those rooms above the front desk, and then implement more employee training so that this problem does not continue.
We won't be back...

Room Tip: specifically request a room WITHOUT a window to the atrium, a room with a window to the outside.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JT_1837
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I was in Richmond for a Conference and stayed at the Wyndham Richmond Airport for two nights. Their housekeepers did not barge into my room before 10am (Thank you!). The breakfast served at the restaurant was excellent (the Virginia Cured Bacon was especially good). My room did not have a microwave but the front desk staff allowed me to use the one in their personal office (Thank you Cassandra.....). Their staff was genuinely kind (like they enjoyed working there) To me, small courtesies like the aforementioned make Wyndham Richmond Airport stand out and above the competition.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends