“Great Hotel close to the Airport!”

Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Ranked #14 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
FREDERICKSBURG
“Great Hotel close to the Airport!”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Nice room. Quiet hotel. Lovely hotel with an indoor poor & southern hospitality customer service. The bed was super comfy & they had good selections for food for room service too.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
SAINT STEPHENS CHURCH
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I was very impressed with the catering department. Tyrone and his staff went above and beyond their call of duty to service us. He really stepped up to the plate and treated us like royalty. I thought they did a wonderful job with our banquet and our breakfast. Also Tracey the guest sales mgr. that took over Mary Jo position did very well also. She stepped in and took over where Mary Jo had left off. She did a remarkable job. I heard the hotel was booked and all the employees did a wonderful job servicing us. We just had the one problem with the security guard. I know they were a few times that we weren't loud and at that point i think she was just exagerrating.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

NORTH SALT LAKE
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I didn't hate this hotel. When I first checked in I was happy enough. It was a really good deal, something like $65 a night. The guy at the front desk was incredibly nice, and was more than willing to be helpful. When I am travelling for work I like to eat at nice local places that I can't get back home. When I asked him good places to eat, he suggested things like Applebee's, and Olive Garden. No big deal though. I was still quite happy up to this point.

When I got in the room, I realized that it had no windows to the outside. The only window looked down at the pool. It made the room feel dark and cramped. The energy saving bulbs in all the lamps took a while to light up, so at first, even with every light on, it was still pretty dark. But the room was very clean, and there was comfortable working space. The bed was clean, and comfortable.

Where I started to get disappointed was in the evening. The first night, my AC wouldn't work. I tried adjusting the thermostat, and I couldn't get it to kick on. I called to the front desk, and he was convinced I just didn't know what I was doing, which I guess to a certain extent he was right. He said just keep adjusting the temperature, and it will kick on. I found out that I had to set the fan to "fan 1" instead of "auto", and it finally kicked on. Not something he ever suggested. He seemed annoyed, because it was 3:00am when I was calling, and he didn't want to move me to a new room.

The final straw for me was the 3rd night I was there. I had been working all day, and got in late. The in room services said room service was available until 11:00pm. It was only about 9:30pm. I thought about calling to have room service brought up, but I read that it was coming from the Nova lounge, and I thought, I might as well go down there and eat. Again, the book said Nova lounge was open for drinks and food until 11:00pm.

When I walked into the lounge, the only staff member was sitting at a chair at the bar as if she was a patron, not someone who worked there. I wasn't even sure she did. I asked if they were open, and she looked at me as if I had asked her to do my laundry for a week, then she shook her head, shrugged and said "only if you want drinks". I didn't want to argue with her. It's fine if you don't want to serve food, but you shouldn't advertise it that way. I ended up ordering a pizza from Papa Johns across the street. Her attitude and the lack of service was really the most disappointing part.

ROCHESTER
Reviewed 9 October 2012

The staff is outstanding - friendly and very accomodating. Breakfast selections were especially good, including a variety of fresh fruits. The only thing I didn't like about this hotel was the location. I didn't have a car and there was no mall or other attractions nearby.