“Decent Airport Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Decent Airport Hotel”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

If you're staying by Richmond Airport, this is a good place to stay. There is complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport, and there are many restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. I believe the hotel is undergoing renovations, but I wasn't too sure. If it wasn't, it really needs to.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BoysInNY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Fort Meade, Maryland
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have never in my life been treated badly by a staff of any hotel chain. The front desk personnel have to be some of he rudest people I have encountered in my life. If you have any issues make sure not to bring it up to them... They will cut you off in the middle of your sentences and get snippy with you. The hotel location is great but it looks like it use to be an old hotel and they tried to renovate it under the Sheraton name. I cannot believe how rude they are. I should have stayed at a Marriott.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank ThaHairGoddess
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a recently renovated hotel that we found to be clean and comfortable with friendly staff. However, the online room descriptions are not accurate. Online, it says the deluxe rooms "include a living area and separate bedroom" and a "king + full sofa bed". In fact, the room is just like a double, slightly larger, with a king bed and a TWIN-size sofa bed. There is no separate living area. The website also incorrectly describes the double room. The photo caption says "Double Queen CV Guest Room," though the front desk tells me the rooms only have two full-size beds, not queen-size. A front desk supervisor was responsive to my concerns and said they would figure out how to fix the website. But 2 weeks later, it has not yet been corrected.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen B
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hi Stephen B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and were able to interact with our warm and helpful hotel team. I appreciate you sharing your feedback about the room descriptions, and I shared your review with the hotel team. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay overall and hope to see you again.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

So, we chose this place due to the positive reviews on Expedia, and not to mention, the pictures made this place look fancy. I assure you, this place looks NOTHING like the photos. This place is not new, it is an old hotel that has been poorly reconditioned. We had no issues parking (plenty of spaces) or checking in. Once we got to the room, we noticed the bathroom was noting like the photo. There is only a small towel rack with hand towels. They only provided us two bath towels, and those were placed on the toilet tank lid. That instantly irritated me. I wouldn't place my own towels there in my own home, I certainly don't want them there in a public place. Regardless, we needed more towels. We went to the front desk, and asked if we could have more towels. She said, "No; We only provide two towels per room." We mentioned that they placed the towels on the toilet and that did not phase her. She asked if the towels were folded. We said yes. She then said, "Well, then that means they're clean.." Whatever, we eventually were able to exchange the toilet towels for new ones. We went back to our room. Later that night, the people next to us must have checked in to their room. We could hear them loud and clear. Other than that, the bed was semi comfy. The sheets were cheap (there was no fitted sheet) but the pillows weren't too bad. The bed itself seemed clean. One thing that bothered me is the bathrooms have 7 foot ceilings, but the room has 10 foot ceilings. Also no fan in bathroom. In the morning we ate at what we thought was the free continental breakfast/buffet, upon leaving, we were granted by a $30 bill for two people. It is $10 a plate, and we had juice, so that was an up charge. This place is a joke. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel. This place is NOTHING like the photos.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steven L
Hi Steven L,
I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. I’m sorry that you were displeased and thank you for letting us know what you experienced during your stay. I apologize if it was unclear that breakfast was included in your rate, and am glad you were able to receive your fresh towels. I apologize for the troubles you experienced and thank you again for your review.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I can't speak for others here but I can share my experiences and help you make your own choice.

1) Prior to arrival my company had faxed my reservation information to them a month earlier. My company had the fax confirmation and yet I had to stand there and wait while they faxed it a second time. I was tired and ready to go to my room and yet I had to stand and wait for this all to take place. The front desk clerk wasn't apologetic and even acted as if I was the one that had done something wrong. He was very insistent that they never received the fax. When I asked him how they knew to put my reservation in the computer then he had no answer. He actually seemed insulted that I would ask that.

2) I finally get to my room and there are URINE STAINS on the toilet seat that I have to have them clean.

3) During my stay my room key stopped working. I went to the front desk and asked them to reprogram it. They did. I also made sure that my other key would still work and they assured me it would. I went to dinner later that evening and upon returning my second key (which I needed as I left the 1st one in the room) would not work. I had to go down to the same desk clerk from earlier and wait through the line to get the keys reset.

4) While standing 4 deep in the line the front desk clerk never contacted anyone in the back for help. A second person actually did come out eventually and instead of taking care of the people at the front of the line they started at the back!

5) The ice machine on the 3rd floor is in a run down room with dry wall falling apart along the floor. Very poor condition.

6)The bathrooms have no means of exhausting moisture (or smells) when you take a shower.

7) There is no continental breakfast. Only their restaurant. Give the service and condition of the rest of the place there was no way I was going to potentially waist any money risking a meal there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ho1yoak
Hi ho1yoak,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. First, I’d like to extend my apologies that your most recent stay did not meet expectations. I shared your feedback with the hotel team, as we find it important to grow with every review. I was informed that you were able to speak with the General Manager at check-in, and learned that the Executive Housekeeper missed you when coming to speak with you regarding your room. I’m sorry for the inconveniences during your stay. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Richmond.
Ashburn, VA
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel near my mother's home in Nov. 2013. This I is a very nice and comfortable hotel at a reasonable price for the area. I have stayed in several Four Points by Sheraton hotels and find them to be consistent in terms of quality, service, and value. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank evolvedfish
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hi evolvedfish,
Thank you for your review. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your loyalty to Four Points hotels. We hope to see you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

the Four Points Sheraton was a nice hotel in a convenient location. A short drive to Richmond, plus a ton of shops and restaurants in the immediate area. The hotel was clean, the rooms spacious. I stayed with a large group of work colleagues, and the bar was a lovely place to gather with colleagues after a long day of work.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business