“Diamond in the Rough”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Virginia Beach VA
“Diamond in the Rough”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We were visiting our daughter (a student at VCU) and decided to hit a local place for lunch. Our daughter picked DeLux , somewhere none of us had frequented before. The place is nicely decorated, and menu's diverse. We were greeted by a friendly host, and seated in front of the bar in a half moon booth. Our server stopped by for drink orders and to tell us about the day's specials.

The three of us selected different items from the menu, a burger, club sandwich and I opted for the grilled cheese. Not normally something I would select, but the description sounded so unique, I had to try. Wisconsin white cheddar, with thick applewood smoked bacon on grilled texas toast, served with homemade potato chips.....I am still thinking of it..Such a simple idea, but executed perfectly. The rest of our party was just as pleased with their selections and the service was attentive and friendly.

The bar had a large selection of bottled beers, and a martini menu. Looks like a fun place for drinks and dinner. Give it a try, I know you will not be disappointed.

• Visited February 2012

Charlottesville, Virginia
“For Those Who Think They Are Important”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Overrated and frequented by the young social climber set who want to be seen. Typical Richmond attitude...yuk! Food is average, but service was good. Better atmosphere and food found elsewhere in Richmond. One visit is enough!

Visited January 2012
Richmond, VA USA
“Good Food, Good Atmosphere, Good Prices”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I've eaten at DeLux a few times. I have never been disappointed by the service, food or value. Located in the heart of the fan district, DeLux offers the city vibe of Richmond at reasonable prices.

• Visited September 2011
Crozier, Virginia
“Way overpriced - we won't be back”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The food was just okay - ordered 3 appetizers and bill was over $36. We ordered these high price items because we had a Groupon, but, because the food was not hot and the taste was mediocre, we will not return. The bar area was filled and the crowd was very loud which carries throughout the restaurant. In my opinion, it is more of a bar and less of a restaurant. On the positive side, the restaurant is beautifully decorated!

• Visited September 2011
Farmville, Virginia
“"Don't Bother"”
Reviewed 19 June 2011

The food was only adequate, and the service was horrible. We had a long wait to order
and then an even longer wait for the food to arrive. When it did come, my friend's french fries were barely warm, and my crab cake sandwich (which on the menu said came on an English muffin) was on a cold hamburger bun. No one offered refills on drinks or asked us if we needed anything else. The place has a nice atmosphere, but I wouldn't go back. There are too many restaurants in this area that offer much better food for the price and much better and faster service.

• Visited June 2011