“BEST PEACH PIE EVER”

Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Richmond, Virginia
“BEST PEACH PIE EVER”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Haven't been to the bakery in years, but my mom asked me to take her by there. We got a peach pie, two oatmeal cookies and small chocolate iced cakes - cupcake size, but not cupcakes. Everything was delicious, but the peach pie was to die for. The fresh peaches, the filling and the crust was better than I imagined and with vanilla ice cream you couldn't ask for anything better. I will definitly be going back. Oh and we also bought a couple of the cream cheese danish - sooooo good. I loved the icing on them. I've heard the eclairs are great too so will be going back to find out for myself.

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank GeminiBlue52

Richmond, Virginia, USA
“Chocolate Iced Doughnuts Hardly Need a Review”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

If you have experienced the chocolate iced donuts at the Westhampton Bakery, you know they speak for themselves. I've never had such a thick doughnut nor one with so much thick chocolate icing. Beware, the doughnut is really the size of two. Yes, it does have the typical bakery flavor that never tastes like homemade, but you're getting it from a bakery.

Westhampton Bakery is a small, old shop that probably hasn't changed its decor in about 50 years. Not to worry. The decor does NOT affect the deliciousness of the treats. Personally, I'd rather eat at a place that concentrates its efforts on its food more than its decor or packaging. The service is good. The treats look scrumptious, and what I have tried has been yum.

If you can get there before all the chocolate iced doughnuts are gone, give them a try. If you don't make it, try the eclairs. Enjoy!

• Visited December 2011
6 Thank Chanin G
Richmond
“Most Over Rated Bakery in Town”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

The cakes are not home made. They are mostly cake mix. They look old and poorly decorated. I still for the life of me cannot understand why people shop here. This is not a true home made from scratch bakery.

• Visited November 2011