“Omni Richmond”

Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Muncie, United States
“Omni Richmond”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Close to restaurants and historic sites. A great location to have a conference or for a family vacation. Staff are knowledgeable of area and accomodating. We had breakfast and lunch as part of the conference and the food was good. I want to return to see more of the historic sites during a family vacation.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Bakewell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights on a trip of eastern USA. It was by far the worst of the 8 hotels we stayed in. It was not very clean at all. In fact it made you wonder if they had heard of hoovers. The carpet in the room and in the corridors did not seem to be hovered at all when we stayed there and there were objects like pieces of cotton etc, that were there when we arrived and when we left. Neither the toilet or the bath were very clean and in fact we cleaned these ourselves before using. Most of the front desk staff were uninterested and unhelpful when you asked anything. Would be wary of using Omni again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
United States
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed three nights for a conference at hotel. Bed, pillows & linens were very comfortable; no distracting noises; housekeeping service was friendly and performed well. Conference rate ($115) made this a very good value. Great downtown location, too, with lots of good restaurants nearby.

San Francisco
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed at the Omni Richmond for business. The first morning I was there, I awoke to bugs crawling out of one of the pillows. I freaked. But I killed one of the bugs and kept it to show the front desk staff. I spoke with the manager. I had the feeling that she thought I was just another picky traveler. They changed my room. When I picked up my luggage to move rooms, the room that I was given smelled like bug spray. I went down to the lobby to wait for a colleague, sat in a chair in the front lobby area of thr hotel and looked down - bugs on the arm of the chair. I am coming to Richmond again next week. I won't be staying at the Omni. If you bring your own bug spray, this hotel does have a fee things to recommend it- it has a good location and seems to be a popular wedding venue.

• Stayed September 2013
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
First, I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay at the Omni Richmond Hotel. We realize that you have many options, but were delighted you chose to stay with us. Second, I wanted to sincerely apologize for the pest related issues you encountered while visiting. I regrettably heard that you found bugs in multiple locations of the hotel, both in your pillow and on the arm of a chair, and for that, I am truly sorry. I can assure you that this type of issue is not typical and it is being addressed to ensure there is no further recurrence. Here at the Omni Richmond, we take great pride in exceeding our guest’s expectations. However, in your case, we failed to live up to yours or ours.

We value you and appreciate your business. I do hope that we were able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. We regret that the issue you experienced marred what would have otherwise been an enjoyable stay to Richmond. Please let us know when you plan to return to Richmond. We would love another opportunity to show you that we are capable of far better.
Harleston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

After using Omni a few times I was so disappointed in the Richmond hotel.
Its a fairly old hotel, and if you look close at most things you can see the cracks starting to appear. Valet parking most evenings was hard to get done as to many cars and not enough staff. From desk staff OK but the cleaning is the thing that let's the hotel down most.
Our hotel room had stains from previous occupants coffee on the table, it took 3 phone calls and 2 days for staff to clean it up. We then looked closer as you would and find enough dust in the room to keep Dyson happy for a week.
The place needs a good refurbishment and perhaps some good housekeeping training. As you can see from some of my previous reviews I love Omni, just not Richmond.

Room Tip: Not 1212 until they give it a real spring clean
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Richmond. I want to sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and valet issues you encountered during your stay. I can assure you that this type of issue is not typical and it is being addressed to ensure there is no further recurrence. We take pride in providing each of our guests with an exceptional experience and are disappointed that in your case we failed to make the mark. Your feedback and business is valuable to us and I truly hope that you will consider giving us a future opportunity to gain your confidence in our hotel.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The bell/valet staff were so friendly, but the front desk left me feeling most unwelcome. I'm not really sure why, but it felt like the front desk staff (all but a couple) were irritated by my questions or requests. The kicker is that I'm the highest level of Omni's Select Guest loyalty program, and have stayed at some wonderful properties by them. Although the hotel is very nice aesthetically, I would NOT ever stay there again. When you travel, for whatever the reason, you want to feel at ease and welcome.

1 Thank StormintheDesertf
First, I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay at the Omni Richmond Hotel. We realize that you have many options, but were delighted you chose to stay with us. Second, I wanted to sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay I regret to hear that our front desk staff was uncharacteristically unfriendly during your stay and for that, I am truly sorry. I can assure you that this type of issue is not typical and it is being addressed to ensure there is no further recurrence. Here at the Omni Richmond, we take great pride in exceeding our guest’s expectations. However, in your case, we failed to live up to yours or ours.

We value you and appreciate your business and regret that the issue you experienced marred what would have otherwise been an enjoyable stay to Richmond. Please let us know when you plan to return to Richmond. We would love another opportunity to show you that we are capable of far better.
Richmond, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Hotel is located in downtown with convenient access to businesses. I was able to walk to the meetings. Staff was friendly and prompt. Able to use fitness center that is well equipt - only issue is that it is a bit of a trek through lobby area to adjoining building. The bartender was a bit too chatty, but the other restaurant staff were pleasant and well versed on the menu with great recommendations.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business