I stayed for one night before Running in the Richmond Marathon. I was very disappointed with my stay and cannot understand how this hotel could possibly be considered a luxury establishment as advertised on its website.
Here are the pros and cons as I see them:
Smooth parking and check in
Room was clean and a good size
Despite knowing there was a major running event in town, it seemed that poor planning was to blame for some issues and apparent incompetence for others:
1. It took over an hour to get served anything at dinner (even water and wine) despite the restaurant being at less than 75 % capacity. The waiter was very nice and said they were busy. Even the hostess was clearing tables. The food was awful, dry as if it had sat under a heat lamp for 30 mins.
2. As I was running the marathon the next day, I had ordered room service breakfast by leaving an order on my door the night before. The food never came and when I called front desk to ask, she told me she'd call back and never did. I needed to eat a set number of hours before the race and when I called back and explained, she told me she'd provide a voucher for Starbucks. But Starbucks wasn't going to open until 30 mins after the time I had to eat! It was so hopeless.
3. We had asked for. Late checkout. Now, I understand that the hotel was busy but they were so rude on the phone. A blunt "no" without explanation. It was as if the staff had been programmed to be blunt about requests for late checkout that day. I explained that I was running my first marathon and that it was my birthday (a major one) and that I wanted to shower afterwards. Very little help, just very negative staff.
I had such a bad experience that I never want to stay at an Omni Hotel again. I had some idea that this was a high quality luxury brand but my experience tells me otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of everything that makes Richmond the truly special destination city that it is, Omni Richmond Hotel invites you to experience refined Southern hospitality in an elegant contemporary yet refined and relaxing setting. Nestled within the historic and vibrant Shockoe Slip district, our guests enjoy the timeless architecture and gas lamp-lined brick streets beckoning from a time gone by. Alive with the vibrant sounds, sights and flavors of the many first-class dining and entertainment venues, the Slip offers guests the true taste of Richmond. The nation's most storied and treasured historical sites and attractions are also just mere minutes away, leaving a remarkable and unforgettable impression on all who visit those cherished sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Omni Richmond Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Richmond Hotel Richmond
- Omni Hotel Richmond
- Richmond Omni Hotel